• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Yellow lab (Labidochromis caeruleus), Cynotilapia sp. "hara", Cynotilapia juvies

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Converting my 55 gallon tank to small mbuna tank. Have put in yellow tail acei fry, looking to add some additional colored and compatible tank mates. Since I enjoy watching them grow, I'm more interested in juvies at this point.

Also interested in two bunches of red cherry shrimp, one for this 55 and the other for my kreb/angel/silver dollar 45.

Thanks

Abe

maramc

Members
I have male Mbuna -cherry red zebra, afra hara, demasoni, neon flavescent?, yellow lab, etc . (sorry have proper names written down at home) that I might sell. Between 2-3 inches and healthy. Pm me if you want more information.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

daninmd

Members
how many white top haras do you want? I have a group of 9 in my 125 that are constantly breeding. could strip a female for fry if interested.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I have lost of yellow lab juvies around 2". No black barring on the labs. I also have white top afra around 2" that are almost identical to hara. I am currently selling juvies at 5 for $20. I am located in alexandria va and should be around all weekend if you want to stop by.
Thank you
David

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the responses. I'm looking for juvies in the 1/2" to 1" range, which I'm thinking is larger than just hatched fry. The acei I put in the tank that I got at Aquamania last week were 1/2", and they're doing great. My 5" red tail shark chases them around at feeding time (as it does all the fish in the tank), but otherwise, leaves them all alone. Another question asked is how many I want. I'm thinking 4-5 of each. I'm also thinking that the 55 could support maybe 15 full grown mbuna (up to 5"). I'll be setting up the Marineland 360 cannister filter I won at the raffle last week, over the weekend to replace the current HOB filter.

two things:

get the red tail shark out of a mbuna tank! :eek:

And I always put two filters on my tanks, but especially an overstocked mbuna 55. I'd personally do the Marineland (I loved that filter but it was leaky when first introduced and I never went back) plus either another Marineland or a Fluval 305 or 405.

Raven20

Members
two things:

get the red tail shark out of a mbuna tank! :eek:

And I always put two filters on my tanks, but especially an overstocked mbuna 55. I'd personally do the Marineland (I loved that filter but it was leaky when first introduced and I never went back) plus either another Marineland or a Fluval 305 or 405.

pm'd

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Adding Pseudotropheus saulosi to my list

This may be a better match for my 55 gallon aquarium, as they are smaller and the male/female combination provides the colors I'd like to have. I'm looking for fish < 1" as I enjoy watching them grow and mature.

Thanks