• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB/WTT: 50 ft python

dhavalsp

Members
I am looking for 50 ft python/water changer or 25 ft python +10 feet extender.

I have 2 pythons, one is 25 feet and one is the small one with thin pipe. unfortunately, I am falling short by about 2-3 feet to my water source.

Please let me know what you got.

Thanks,

Dhaval

lkelly

Members
Just get some PVC tubing from Lowes or Home Depot and one of those plastic straight adapters. I extended mine around 10' that way. The only possible issue is if you close the valve on the tank end with a lot of water pressure you can cause the tube to come off the barbed adapter. I just shut it off at the sink if I want to stop filling.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I know I have a 25 footer, but I don't think I have an extension. For the faucet, you need to unscrew the black piece from the faucet, its a diffuser or something, but once removed, you can use the standard python adapter.

dhavalsp

Members
This particular tap in the pic above is "reachable" with 25 footer that I have. Let me try to put this off using plier or something. it does not unscrew with hand, may be because of small width...

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Be careful if the piece is plastic, I think I used one of the grip pads used for taking lids off of glass containers. A lot of times calcium buildup in the faucet will make them difficult to remove initially.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of things I've learned from using the python for years. The valve is very easily broken. I went through a python and aqueon versions quickly. I ended up getting a "water bed" filling valve that does the exact same thing (Amazon I think) and it has held up for years. Secondly, I added a short section of hose to connect from the faucet to the valve so that there is no strain on the valve when extending the hose.

Aqua410

Members
just a tip on doing a hose to hose extension. They make a "shark bite" adapter in that hose size which can be purchased at home depot. You just shove both ends of the hose in there and they will be very difficult to pull apart. It works sort of like a chinese finger trap the harder you pull the tighter the connection gets.

dhavalsp

Members
You can get key like this to open the aerator extension on the faucet if you have difficult one like mine...just throwing this out there for reference.

image.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I replaced the plastic diffusers on the sinks I use for water changes with metal ones. They are only a couple of bucks each at Home Depot and I don't worry about damaging them with the frequent removal and reinstallation.

dhavalsp

Members
yup, I did the same but I had a hard time taking it off the faucet the first time.

This whole process taught me a lot about faucets btw...13/16, 15/16, male-female, cool stuff...