• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Wild Discus

Jumbie

Members
You could check with Hans I know he had some the last time I was at his place. Jeff Rapps had some on his list this month as well. Good luck.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
John (snookn21) on aquabid usually has some. He is very reliable and easy to deal with. The quality of his fish are always great too.

emartin

Members
Email Mark Denaro he can order wild discus directly from South America or from Germany (more expensive that way but are already conditioned, etc).

He's a great guy to deal with... I don't think he has any Discus in stock now though...

www.anubiasdesign.com

BevN

Members
I have a few suppliers I can get wild caught from. One only requires a small order but the list of available ones is small. My other supplier has blues and greens from a few locations. I just got a list today from an exporter in Brazil that has an amazing list but the prices are very high and I have to order 10 boxes of fish. Packing charges alone are $250 so as much as I like to I don't think I'll be getting from them just yet.

Now if you don't mind raising them yourself I have Nhamunda royal blue juvies that I'm raising here. I was lucky enough to pull a pair to keep that fell in love and has done a great job of raising their fry.

Snook does have some that I hear are very nice. I thought Julie had some on her list but I haven't looked in a while.

The season is winding down so you might not get the best selection right now. Discus season begins around January I think...bad memory. Then again altums are still on the import list....even the reds. I'm tempted but a little leary as they are a bit pricey.

YSS

Members
I have a few suppliers I can get wild caught from. One only requires a small order but the list of available ones is small. My other supplier has blues and greens from a few locations. I just got a list today from an exporter in Brazil that has an amazing list but the prices are very high and I have to order 10 boxes of fish. Packing charges alone are $250 so as much as I like to I don't think I'll be getting from them just yet.

Now if you don't mind raising them yourself I have Nhamunda royal blue juvies that I'm raising here. I was lucky enough to pull a pair to keep that fell in love and has done a great job of raising their fry.

Snook does have some that I hear are very nice. I thought Julie had some on her list but I haven't looked in a while.

The season is winding down so you might not get the best selection right now. Discus season begins around January I think...bad memory. Then again altums are still on the import list....even the reds. I'm tempted but a little leary as they are a bit pricey.

Thanks, Bev. A couple of questions for you:

1. How large are the juvies?
2. How many do you have?
3. How much are they?
4. Do you have pics of the parents and juvies?

Thanks, again.