• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB water circulator 1000 gph and up

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
looking for used Hydor water circulator.....willing to do 2 500 GPH and up but would prefer 1 1000 gph and up Hydor water circulator.....Thanks

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I like the Mag-Drive pumps. They come in lots of sizes including 1200 gallons per hour and 1800 gallons per hour. I have mainly 1800 gph ones for my ponds and for water changes and they are very dependable. Cost for the 1800 gph is anywhere from 120 to 200 dollars depending on where and when you get them. You can also get them with 18 ft cords or 6 ft cords. I think the cheapest one I got was at a CATFISH convention a few years ago.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hydor Koralia and the like would be much lower wattage than Mag Drives...great for circulation but not for pumping against head...

What vendors will be at Catcon, Frank?

Matt

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Yes, if you just want to circulate water in a tank and not pump it around through a filter or waterfalls or skimmer or bed of hydroponic plants, then Mag-Drives are not the answer.

Vendors are identified for at the CATFISH Convention at http://catfishcon.com/?vendors,34

brunofraga

Members
Marineland maxi jet 1200gph should do the work, they come with extra impeller which saves you money in case needs to replace in the future.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Marineland maxi jet 1200gph should do the work, they come with extra impeller which saves you money in case needs to replace in the future.
does marineland use suction cups or magnets...I like the Hydor because of the Magnet...do you think a 1500 would be to strong for a 150g tank

brunofraga

Members
does marineland use suction cups or magnets...I like the Hydor because of the Magnet...do you think a 1500 would be to strong for a 150g tank

Marineland has 3 suction cup very strong I have mine for 2 years without any problems.. 1500ghp should be fine for 150g...