• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Tropheops

npbarca

Members
Hi guys,

I'm looking for really any type of tropheops. I would prefer over 2", but smaller would be fine too.

npbarca

Members
Yeah apparently these are more uncommon than I thought. I talked to Shawn, but havent heard back from him. I also talked to Dave, from davesfish and he hasn't brought any in a long time besides the ones he's had in stock for 2 months.

That being said, if anyone has any connections with people who keep these or even people who actually collect and import fish, then please contact me.

npbarca

Members
I saw them there, but they will only sell the ones I want in pairs, and I don't want to buy 5 extra males only to have them kill each other.

npbarca

Members
Already did. They said they would only sell in pairs. I even told them I would pay full price for just the females, but they would not change their mind.

zackcrack00

Members
There's always buying two pairs of each type you want and selling the extra males or making an all-male tropheops tank (pretty cool IMO). Then you breed the trios, grow out the fry, and put the females into their parents' tank to make a breeding group.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Leffler817

CCA Members
I PM'd you but never heard back. Getting females of breeding size is tricky. Mine tend to be out competed for food when they are young and I don't have space to raise them up to a sexable size.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
I would be pretty sure Shawn's adults look like this:

Tropheops%20sp%20Red%20Cheek.jpg