• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB - Stand and Hood for 40 Breeder

turfboss

Members
My son just bought a 40 breeder from Petco and is looking for a stand - 36 x 18" (would like it in "brown" as opposed to black - but raw 2 x 4 that can be stained is also acceptable) - also needs a hood for the tank.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I used the Edsall heavy duty shelving from Home Depot to double stack my 40 breeders. The shelf was around $60 and works well, but is a bit industrial looking. It's an option if you can't find one or don't want to build one yourself.

Shane

Members
Same here. You could always use half the stand (it comes in two parts) for a single 40 breeder.
-Shane

turfboss

Members
40 breeder stand

Thanks for the inputs - He is looking for something a little nicer for his apartment (he does not have a fish room - just 5 tanks spread out through 3 rooms) - -

I will help him build one if we don't find something in the meantime. Can build a 2x4 framed one with a couple of facing boards (left open underneath) and stained the color he want to match what he currently has - does not have to be fancy just does not want it to look too "industrial" or "fish room cement blocked".

verbal

CCA Members
I have one of the (light wood)Petsmart cabinet stands for a 75/55. It would fit a 40 breeder with 6" on each side. It needs a door replaced and a little cosmetic work.

turfboss

Members
I have one of the (light wood)Petsmart cabinet stands for a 75/55. It would fit a 40 breeder with 6" on each side. It needs a door replaced and a little cosmetic work.

Jesse - How wide is the tank you have ??

I have a 48 x 12 for a 55gal (but it is in black as well) - but with this tank being 18" wide that is a 3" hang over along the front and back - and although we could put a 3/4" plywood on top of a 12" wide stand -- he is worried (for his apartment) about the stability - I do not think he need worry too much - but it is his apartment and he wants it to be both stable and look nice as well.

turfboss

Members
tank stand

Jesse - by the specs on the link you sent me it is 19+ inches in depth and 50 inches wide - have sent my son the link - I have a feeling he may not have room for the extra width (50 inches but he only needs 36) of course that gives him some place to set his beer down while he is working on the tank :lol:. How bad a shape is yours in and what are you asking for it??

George