• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Scuds

Becca

Members
If anyone has a culture of Gammarus Shrimp, I'd like to buy 50-100 of them to start a culture at home. Can pick up at the meeting on Saturday.

Shawnc

Members
On my farm I use 125 and 300 gallon stock tanks to water my sheep. For years I had a constant supply of scuds and daphnia. The sheeps manure produces green water within 2 days and trampled hay works as well as leaf litter to feed the scuds.

All was well until my sheep got into one of the stock tanks to drink after I had dewormed the sheep with Ivomectin which instantly killed the scud colony. Some of the sheep had ivomec on their muzzle and when they drank, wiped out the scuds and everything else growing in that tank.

JLW

CCA Members
I had a culture going, but chose to feed them a big glump of algae out of the 40-breeder.

Had a killifish egg in it....

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think Luis and I are going to go for a hike this weekend and see what we can find in local streams, etc. Not quite the Potomac, but there should be something! I'll message you.

K cool I'll try wonder down by our creek - I've never seen any but I've also haven't been looking.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
Checked out the goliad farms option, but shipping is $45 no matter what you order :-/.

There's also fishgobble.com, which has a flat rate shipping of $5 on all orders. I may give that a try if I can't wrangle any wild ones.

I bet I could keep a culture going in a rain barrel, at least when it's not winter.

Blu

Members
FYI I have copepods for sale/trade. A couple years back I found a small colony had started from an imported batch of lace plants I think- have been "breeding" them ever since.
These are of the tiny white or black variety, which though not so easy to get going- everyone I sell them to says they rock, so yay.
They already are packed and are established- one 1L jar will start a colony as large as you need. Pm me with any questions. Oh and I don't charge 35$ like every other seller, I'm more reasonable than that.

Let me know if you find some and have a decent culture going. I may want to buy a small started culture from you in the near future!

Arlene

ddavila06

Members
last time i went fishing there were hundreds of scuds clinging to floating plants/logs and weeds on the potomac river, i wish i had taken just one fish bag :p