• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Pond Plants

Forester

Members
Hi all,

I need to some fast growing pond plants such as Water Hyacinth for my pond that I built a few weeks ago. My fish need to some protection and I need need shade so that I don't have so much algae.

Thanks,

Lucas

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Hornwort is a good choice for a fast growing water plant that will cover the surface and suck up nutrients. But you need a bag full to start with.

In the meantime you can cover parts of the pond with boards or plywood.

However, nothing will stop getting algae in a pond if you have a lot of fish and feed them regularly. All you can hope for in my opinion is to control it so there is not too much.

Forester

Members
Hornwort is a good choice for a fast growing water plant that will cover the surface and suck up nutrients. But you need a bag full to start with.

In the meantime you can cover parts of the pond with boards or plywood.

However, nothing will stop getting algae in a pond if you have a lot of fish and feed them regularly. All you can hope for in my opinion is to control it so there is not too much.

Thanks. Im not opposed to any algae just not the amount I have now. Do you happen to have any hornwort?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I do have hornwort. But there are lots of people in CCA who have some/a lot. I can bring you some in Sept. but that is a long way off. Maybe someone closer to you will let you know they have hornwort so you could get it quicker.

chriscoli

Administrator
I don't really have a lot of anything like that right now. I have a few upright pond plants (like cyperus) that could be divided, but nothing floating.