• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Where'd you get the idea?:cool: HOT had some, and EA did too, but probably in the 2-3" range. Haven't seen them much bigger anytime recent.

iamzrad

Members
EA has a gorgeous one in their main African display tank that is simply a beaut! Around the 9" mark and over 6 yrs/old.

Ha, I always wanted more Nimbochromis besides my two Venustus', and the Fusco has awesome colors. And yours, Michael, was the persuasion to try and find one :)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ha, I always wanted more Nimbochromis besides my two Venustus', and the Fusco has awesome colors. And yours, Michael, was the persuasion to try and find one :)
Thanks for taking me up on fishing for a shameless compliment. I'll keep an eye out during my LFS ventures. You could check with Jim or Andrew at TFW and see if they have a good source to order from.

iamzrad

Members
Well I stopped by EA today on my way home and they had a tank of juvie Fusco's (which I knew they had but never clicked in my head) but they are too small to even try to sex and I saw no dominating males in the tank. I guess I could wait for them to grow out a bit. But I'd prefer a male past the 3" mark.

And correction, the Fusco in the display tank is well over 13", not the 9" that I said earlier.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
TFW does not have any in right now. When available, they are usually at the 1.5-2 inch mark. Larger ones get traded in from time to time. I will let you know if we get one in. Fuscs are my favorite african. They have excellent eyesight and will track fish in nearby tanks trying to get at them.

iamzrad

Members
TFW does not have any in right now. When available, they are usually at the 1.5-2 inch mark. Larger ones get traded in from time to time. I will let you know if we get one in. Fuscs are my favorite african. They have excellent eyesight and will track fish in nearby tanks trying to get at them.

Awesome Andrew! Just let me know.

Spine

Members
Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has 1.5in. juvies also. You might give them a call maybe he can get some larger ones. The ones they just got were so colorful I got a couple myself.