• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb: Male Peacocks

Your requests are a bit puzzelling :confused0007: . Aulonocara (peacocks) should have a more precise identification. The albino taiwan reef is not a peacock. The yellow regal could be a lfs id for a variety of cichlids.

ACHILLES

Members
Sorry Bobby, I'm new in this hobby. I don't know Taiwan Reef is not a peacock. I just want to have few more peacocks to mix with my tank. :smashfreakB: :smashfreakB: Headache.....Headache now. Also I went to all the LFS in my area. Can't find any Yellow Regal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Jun 12 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your requests are a bit puzzelling :confused0007: . Aulonocara (peacocks) should have a more precise identification. The albino taiwan reef is not a peacock. The yellow regal could be a lfs id for a variety of cichlids.[/b]

maddog10

Members
You can mix Haps and Peacocks, just remember that a lot of Haps get larger than their Peacock cousins.

F8LBITE

Members
Taiwan reefs are really a pretty Hap, I have one and he is one of the most non aggressive fish I have. if you want a yellow peacock check out some Aul. Beanschi (sunshine peacock) they have nice yellow and blue. Here's mine

chilotilapiaeuchilus008pf6.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Jun 12 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your requests are a bit puzzelling :confused0007: . Aulonocara (peacocks) should have a more precise identification. The albino taiwan reef is not a peacock. The yellow regal could be a lfs id for a variety of cichlids.[/b]

Your right Bobby, I think the appropriate name is Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef).

Good Luck Achilles!

As already mentioned, haps and peacocks combine for a most entertaining all male display. Here are a few shots of my old setup. I think I had as many as 23 male haps and peacocks in this 120g tank.

1aShowTank111105.jpg

1dShowTank111105.jpg

1cShowTank111105.jpg

1bShowTank111105.jpg