• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Equipment for 55 gallon aquarium

mchambers

Former CCA member
I just acquired a 55 gallon aquarium off of craigslist, so now I need lots of other stuff. Looking for:

Stand
48" hood/canopy or 48" light
appropriate filter (I'm open to several types, Aquaclear 70 or 110, Emperor 400, canister)

If you've got old equipment lying around that you'll never use that might help me, shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can cut a deal. (Then you can buy more fish at the upcoming auction!):)

Glass can be cut to any size at the hardware store and the plastic hinges can be had at the LFS. I replaced several of my older tops this way for a lot less than the cost of new. Also, the mega home improvement stores have plenty of options for twin tube 48" shop lights. I use them myself. Newer finishes on models these days enable you to achieve the look you're after for a whole lot less.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks

Glass can be cut to any size at the hardware store and the plastic hinges can be had at the LFS. I replaced several of my older tops this way for a lot less than the cost of new. Also, the mega home improvement stores have plenty of options for twin tube 48" shop lights. I use them myself. Newer finishes on models these days enable you to achieve the look you're after for a whole lot less.

Excellent suggestions!