• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: EBJD

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good luck find adults, Tony. THey will run you about $200 or better, each. Plus - you can't breed a blue with a blue. There are a couple of us giving it a try - but it's slow going with these guys. And, Electrics can be just as agressive as a regular - if you're lucky!

Ok nevermind... read a bit more on them and they sound like a very... well, let's say "challenging" fish to keep alive, let alone breed. One post stated a 15% rate of the young coming out blue with the proper genetic mix of parents.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81361

(people complaining about a host of problems)

They're so darn pretty though...

Lively

Members
Tony - I'm going to be putting a couple up for sale in a month or two. THey are past the drop dead at any moment stage - they'll still be subadults - but should be breedable if you want the challange. But, will be big enough that you could put other fish in with them. And, mine are not kept in a tank with a UV - so they are (in my opinion) more hardy than the ones that are.

They are beautiful fish, I really don't want to sell them but if I want to breed - I need the room! lol

jrpatter

Members
I have some extra EBJD's I picked up at the Atlanta auction that the guys are breeding there locally.

In the auction they were going in the $40-$60 range for 2 inch fish. I will post some pics when I get home this weekend.

John

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I got a couple that looked the same as in Spine's picks when I first got them. Much more yellow than blue coloring. After about a month both turned much deeper blue and black and I am now sure that they are ebjds.

Lively

Members
The first pics look like blues, second one is what threw me. Do you have pics, Andrew? I'd like to see what these guys grow up to look like...all the pics (and what mine looked like at about that size) I've seen of juvies that size there's no doubt they are blue the whole body is a lovely powder blue with very little of the "normal" JD coloring