• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: EBJD

ricoishere

Members
I am in the market for EBJD's, and have seen them around for approximately 45.00 for a 1.5" size. I had 2 that lived for approximately 1 year, until my Gold Gouramis' went cannibal, and attacked them both. Lessons learned. Nevertheless, the guy I purchased them from is out of the fish-biz. but gave me his source. So, I communicated with his source (http://piranharob.com/), and this is their quote:

1 - 9 $ 10.00 ea.
10 - 19 $ 8.00 ea.
20 + $ 5.00 ea.
Above pricing does not include shipping. We ship FedEx or Ups overnite, shipping w
ill range from $ 50.00 - $ 75.00 depending on Qty.
We have an minium of $ 50.00. Payment to be made through PayPal.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Sherry
PiranhaRob

Does anyone have any info on this source before I spend money?

Lively

Members
No clue - I got mine from Rapps. I bought the larger ones and couldn't be happier. They are even prettier now, but this is the kind of fish he stocks:

DSC_2027.jpg

his website: http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/

Davey_8313

Members
What size are those prices for? I believe Riverdale Pets has some. I've gotten them from there before, they usually have a big tank full of small ones.

Lively

Members
Mine were around 3" when I got them - they run about $30.00 each but, out of the 6 I got, I only lost 1. IMO, worth the extra cash to get a decent size. Plus, I've seen an adult of this line - to drool for.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I picked up six from rapps that look a lot like lively's. I also got two from Ricks in frederick that are more barrel shaped with shorter fins. Paid $20 each at Ricks and they are small.

Lively

Members
I picked up six from rapps that look a lot like lively's. I also got two from Ricks in frederick that are more barrel shaped with shorter fins. Paid $20 each at Ricks and they are small.

The last time I saw them at Ricks, they were going for about $60 each - you got a nice deal!

Spine

Members
Tropical Lagoon has some. The fish are about 1.5-2in. size and they are located in Silver Spring, MD. right off the beltway.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Rick's has 1 inchers for $20. They seem to have a pretty good supply, as I go in there once a week and they always have at least 5 in the tank. They also have some bigger ones, around 2.5", but they are $50. I'm tempted to get a few of the small ones, but I haven't had any luck with them in the past, and tank space it limited.

Spine

Members
Hey, If anyone is still looking for EB's. Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has 2in.size for $25 or 2for $45. They have some larger ones also but I don't know the price.

DSC_0490.jpg

Last edited:

Spine

Members
Hey, If anyone is still looking for EB's. Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has 2in.size for $25 or 2for $45. They have some larger ones also but I don't know the price.
DSC_0489.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow... I think I'm in love. I've seen them before at Congressional and never really thought much of them because I though their aggression was a big issue. Reading up a bit though, it sounds like the electric blues are less aggressive than the regular ones.

Can you keep a pair of adults in a 40 breeder? Has anyone had any luck breeding them?

Lively

Members
Good luck find adults, Tony. THey will run you about $200 or better, each. Plus - you can't breed a blue with a blue. There are a couple of us giving it a try - but it's slow going with these guys. And, Electrics can be just as agressive as a regular - if you're lucky!

Lively

Members
I can't argue with you Stacy. Everything I know about these guys I've learned from you. I'm just going by the label on the tank.

I'm pretty certian those are well colored regular jacks. I'm not saying this is the case... but I've heard complaints about people buying regulars at blue prices - they didn't know any better. It could be they had a mixed dempsey tank and the blues were sold... I'd like to thing that was the case... :)

Going to try and find a pic or two of my regulars at that size - I found one pic of the blue gene Danger Chicken gave me - identical coloring - but he was closer to 4-5 inches when I snapped the pic.