• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Drilled tanks.

Not sure exactly what size I want yet, just want to see what people have available to see if it will work with what I am building.

Larger bottom drilled tanks and smaller side drilled tanks will probably work bests.

I think they are rare, but 20 gallon top (back) drilled will fit directly under the stands I built. ( I wonder how that happened.... )

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are several club members who are experienced at drilling tanks that I'm sure would give some pointers if you want to drill tanks yourself!

Freakgecko

Members
There was a 135 setup with dual overflows for sale at BFD yesterday. Someone might be able to link the seller here

FishEggs

I have a 135 gallon with corner overflows. 6ft long x 18 in deep x 2ft tall. It's an older solid tank and does have its share of some scratches which is reflected in the price. Comes with furniture grade, oak, solid plywood box stand and canopy (no particle/press board mdf) and can deliver to your curb for $600.00

After talking to the boss, and doing some measuring I need to refine my post.

Basically I can fit one more drilled 75g (no stand, but tops would be nice) and some 20g back drilled tanks. Since the 20gs are cheap I may buy one and try drilling it myself.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Make sure you have a diamond hole bit and keep it wet. running water is your friend. Do not push too hard.
I broke a bunch of 10's but nothing else when I drilled them for the room.
I picked up a couple of the bits at Jehmco and then the others just off the interweb.,

chriscoli

Administrator
One video I watched suggested a ring of silicone around the cut to create a pool of water

you can use plumber's putty for that. I prefer more water, though, so if weather and temperatures permit, I drill outside with a trickle of water to wash all of the ground glass debris away.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
you can use plumber's putty for that. I prefer more water, though, so if weather and temperatures permit, I drill outside with a trickle of water to wash all of the ground glass debris away.

Agreed, I used a clamp to hold the hose on it outside and ran constant water on it. I tried less water inside the basement and thats the ones I cracked.