• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Dario Dario/Scarlet Badis

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Took a look, ran out the day I called! :eek:
yeah, i bought the last few. She may be getting some soon. She does have a rare Badis (Badis Siamensis) in quarantine now that I have my eye on. I currently have a 40b with three species of Badidae living in it.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Maybe the question should be: What's the obsession with any fish?

Sorry, just tossing out a softball, asking if someone would educate the 90% of folks on here (on a cichlid forum) who don't know what these things are all about.

Thanks a bunch for your help. Sorry to have asked a question on a forum. :rolleyes:

mscichlid

Founder
This species is small, perch-like, punky, spunky little fish. Big attitude, too. Males are exquisite! Good for small tanks. Planted tanks especially. I used to keep them back in the day...

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Tony, they are tiny (about 1") with tons of personality and alot of color. Here are a few pics of dario dario:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I dont' have any in stock rigth now, but hope to within a few weeks. I do have Dario bangladesh right now (just finishing up qt, will be avialable as of next week). here are some poor pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

ricoishere

Members
Sorry, just tossing out a softball, asking if someone would educate the 90% of folks on here (on a cichlid forum) who don't know what these things are all about.
Thanks a bunch for your help. Sorry to have asked a question on a forum. :rolleyes:

Just misinterpreted the (tone of) question, that's all. I'm all about sharing what little I know. Thanks Rachel!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Just misinterpreted the (tone of) question, that's all. I'm all about sharing what little I know. Thanks Rachel!

All good; just busting balls. :)

I'm considering tearing down and getting rid of the 6 gallon nano-reef on my desktop at work and going with something simpler. Prince's low-maintenance, low-tech soil planted tank is sorting of striking my fancy. Would a small group of these guys work long term in a standard 5 gallon tank?

ricoishere

Members
All good; just busting balls. :)

I'm considering tearing down and getting rid of the 6 gallon nano-reef on my desktop at work and going with something simpler. Prince's low-maintenance, low-tech soil planted tank is sorting of striking my fancy. Would a small group of these guys work long term in a standard 5 gallon tank?
OK, you got me:D
Yes, You can easily house 2-3 in there. They stay low to the subtrate though. I don't know if you want that. The fems are dull in color compared to males. They wil recognize their feeder, and stick to front of glass when you're withing sight, much like angelfish. And they are not jumpers, in case you don't hve a lid. I want these for a 48L planted High tech, with RCS and some dwarf african frogs. Let us know how that goes!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Plus for Badis Badis they have intriguing swimming patterns. Kind of reminds me of Apache helicopters on attack. Their colors can go from a light blue with red speckles to a Deep blue black color. The have finnage (I made that word up) that would rival some Betta species.

ricoishere

Members
Plus for Badis Badis they have intriguing swimming patterns. Kind of reminds me of Apache helicopters on attack. Their colors can go from a light blue with red speckles to a Deep blue black color. The have finnage (I made that word up) that would rival some Betta species.

True, true. They spend time swimming noe down. Reminds me of a much larger fish I used to have, the banded leporinus. That fish was much meaner though!