• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: cyrtocara moorii blue dolphin

rich_one

Members
Looking for a male cyrtocara (formerly haplochromis) moorii blue dolphin. Can pick up at November meeting. PM me with particulars. Thanks!

-Rich

tremper

Members
I need a male as well, I have a female that everyone in the tank is trying to breed with.... Let me know... (she was a sub alphae male before the hormones faded away, or, just a typical balto gal.....)

YSS

Members
How do you sex mooris? I have a 6" fish in my tank, but no clue whether it's a male or female.

Buckcich

Members
Same way you sex all the other fish, you vent them. No apparent sexual disformism. As they get older males develope a larger nuchal hump.

dogofwar

CCA Members
In my experience, male moori have a bigger head bump and longer fins. They also act "male"... while females tend to be somewhat smaller, smaller head and heavier body.

Not as dimorphic as some "haps" but definitely possible to tell...

Matt

Same way you sex all the other fish, you vent them. No apparent sexual disformism. As they get older males develope a larger nuchal hump.