• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Central American Tetras

Adawson88

Members
I'm trying to find either some cardinals or neons. Or anyone know a good CA schooling fish to go with my Honduran Red Points?

rsretep

Members
I just purchased four (large) buenos aires tetras for $4 from pet smart, was looking for something larger than rummynose tetras (which were being eaten) by the Nicaraguense I was housing them with. Don't believe these tetras will have any problem with the "Nics"

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
The old school black tetra is Central American and tolerates cooler water. They might be too big to eat, but not be fast enough to get out of the way.

Astyanax mexicanus, the Mexican tetra,
which can be found as far north as Texas, is an option. These are the non-blind version of the blind cave fish. Look a lot like the Buenos Aires tetra.

Blaise

Adawson88

Members
Well the thing is I don't want my schooling fish to scare the cichlids which are small juveniles... I guess I need to do a little research on their growth rate first.