• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: AC 110 or 70's

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Looking for 1 of either size. I don't need media as long as they run fine. Planning to go to frybabies, so I could pick up there or somewhere convenient to Gaithersburg or Baltimore.

F8LBITE

Members
Sorry Mike I just Gave a 110 away a couple months ago. I run both 400's and 110 and I relly like the AC110 alot better. During wc's the 110 will run even if I drain the tank down to the bottom of the pick up tube but the 400 starts to choke and cut out if the water level gets anywhere near the bottom of the pick up tube. Also when I restart the 400 it shoots a bunch of crap in the tank whenever it sucks in air. Good luck buddy.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, thats how it always works. I agree with you on all the above points. I run aquaclears on nearly all of my African tanks. They're easy to maintain, quiet and efficient. I run emperors on my discus tank for the additional aeration/biological filtration. They also have smaller vents on the intake tube so they don't suck in floating leaves from the plants I don't take care of. Just figured I'd check with members before I buy new. I need them before the next meeting, otherwise I'd wait for the auction.