• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wow, Kribs are tough stuff!

chriscoli

Administrator
I am really impressed by the parenting skills of my Kribs. First, let me say that besides my BN plecos and my Rainbow Cichlids, these are some of the most prolific fish I've owned. So, seeing as I still have tons of fry from my last batch AND there are others also breeding Kribs in the club, I didn't really feel the need to raise any more spawns.

So, I put them (1M, 3F) in my 4 ft 55 gal that already had several other somewhat larger fish growing out in it. 3 Heckelii, 5 Orange Krobia, 1 pr of Jewel Cichlids, and a few other random catfish.

Well, I had noticed that the Kribs had spawned last week. Big deal...I figured the Heckelii and Krobia would have a nice snack. Not so. Today, the 2 parent Kribs are out with a good portion of their spawn grazing. Everyone else is cowering in the right 1/3 of the tank.

I'm impressed.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I can vouch for kribs being tough guys/good parents too. I have a pair in a 37g with swords, a pair of apistos, some plecos, and scissortail rasboras. The female adopted a pleco cave and had been hiding for the past few days. Yesterday I found her leading a group of grazing fry around the tank, with the dad vigilantly guarding.

chriscoli

Administrator
Mine have spawned AGAIN since I originally posted. I think this pair might find its way to the Aquamania Marketplace...