• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Win Bat(fish) at the CCA Jan 14 meeting (Featuring Jen Williams on Aquascaping)

FishEggs

I'd like to hear a talk on maintaining good genetics. So for instance if you are breeding Lake Tanganyikan fish, is there a best practices for introducing new wild stock to your breeding every certain number of generations to keep from defects from inbreeding. Also, with fish like Electric Blue Acara that are line bred and probably have a pretty constrained gene pool, how should you select breeders from successive generations, etc. And I guess anything else about selective breeding for certain traits, etc.
A topic I've always wondered about. In a short time playing with endlers I've seen the color patterns change a lot and wondered how many more generations more I could go before defects started to be prevent.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'd like to see something about building racks for fishrooms, different setup options, or just what has worked for other people in the past.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The January meeting is Saturday, Jan 14 at JFK High School: 1901 Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902

Hi Guys, I just got my annual membership paid up so I can finally participate in this discussion!

There are actually quite a few topics I would like to see in the future, here's my list:

-How to set up a begininger fish room, on a budget (if there is such a thing!)
-how to streamline/simplify your fishroom
-fishroom hacks (tricks of the trade, short cuts, and simple DIY projects and enhancements)
-Breeding and newly born fry raising tips (especially for angelfish, phsedutrhopeous demasoni, and german blue rams)
-how to commercialize your fish hobby
-How to repair light setups/airpumps/and HOB and canister filters

Thanks for the opportunity to make these suggestions!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - Congrats to Matt Chambers and thanks to Josh and Batfish Aquatics for being such a great supporter of CCA!

...we're going to have a similar CCA member raffle for attendees of the Feb meeting, so get your membership renewed, mark your calendar for Sat, Feb 11 and look out for an entry thread...