• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Will it hold?

longstocking

Members
I just tied some anubias to some shells I have. I have more shells than rock :lol:

My question is .. will it work? Thought it might look kinda cool as well. Will it hold and will the plant survive?

Has anyone tried this? Or seen this work?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Anubias

I just tied some anubias to some shells I have. I have more shells than rock :lol:

My question is .. will it work? Thought it might look kinda cool as well. Will it hold and will the plant survive?

Has anyone tried this? Or seen this work?
I haven't tried shells, but I have anubias tied to all sorts of things. As long as no parts are buried in the substrate, it should be fine.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
If they'll bond to stone, shells shouldn't be a problem.

More porous and the calcium shouldn't offer a problem either.

longstocking

Members
That was my thinking as well...

I'm trying java fern as well :)

If it works well, maybe in a few months I'll bring one into auction. I used small and big shells. The ones with big shells should look really cool ! At least I think so :)

I also tied some to your geo stones Sam :) Those won't be going into auction :lol:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Speaking of which...

...should have a surprise for you at the next meeting, think you'll like it. Won't tell you what it is, but here's a hint, cryptic to be sure, but no less a hint:

"Any fool can have diamonds on the soles of their shoes".