• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wild Discus

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I am at best an amateur photographer. It would be better to say that me and my 6 year old digital camera love to just take pics. Not a bit of science in it! And not likely to be until I get a new camera.

Anyway, I decided what the hell, I'll share some of my (not very good) pics in the hope that you folks will look at the BEAUTIFULLY fish in the pics rather then at the pics poor quality. Not likely, huh? Well, here it goes.

These are the 14 wild discus I imported over the last 6 months. They were moved into a 75 in the last week or so. The outside of the tank is dirty as well, but to clean it would freak them out and then I would not be able to get pics of them for a day or so. But when your not doing anything scary like cleaning the tank they are pretty friendly now! Mind, if your not careful when you go to clean their tank they WILL spike you like the bad boys they are.....

There are 10 Nhumunda Red Heckles in the tank, and 4 Green Tefes. You probably can't see them all in these pics.

Wild%20Discus%2004%2025%202007%200001.JPG

Wild%20Discus%2004%2025%202007%200004.JPG

Wild%20Discus%2004%2025%202007%200010.JPG

Enjoy! (I hope.... :unsure: )
Amanda.

cyradis4

Members
Hey!

The Heckles are those "Red Center Bars" I got from Oliver both times. I'm hoping to get more of them at a later date. They are real beauties!

Amanda.

longstocking

Members
I love wild discus !!!!

You are a bad influence :p !!! Julies got a bunch ... I'm always so tempted when I go up there... but she's got the perfect water for them.

Maybe some day I will bite the bullet and try them out. Do you use RO?

cyradis4

Members
Not at the moment. I have to add tons of crap to my Baltimore City water and then monitor it CONSTANTLY to make sure it stays where its supposed to be. My water comes out of the tap at 8.0 with a low hardness, so I have to drop it close to 2 whole points to make the discus happy. One of these days I'm either going to get an RO unit, or a UV light, cuz I ALWAYS have to be on the lookout for parasits and other baddies coming in through the municipal water supply. :angry3:

Its almost more then its worth. Course, I already knew I was crazy when I got these guys. It cost me close to a $1000! But I think they were worth it....

Amanda.