• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Whoah!

marya

Members
My big red-turquoise from joe and the little blue high-fin from cristy just laid eggs! Big surprise!

:blink: :unsure: :rolleyes:

lordy what do i do now? ah well, if they don't make it this time around i'm still pretty jazzed. maybe they'll make it a habit.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
So did they make it. If they did it once, they will do it again. Did they hatch?

marya

Members
No dice this time around, the male ate them. I figure they might make this a regular habit though. Maybe they'll get it right eventually. :p

Steve

Members
Marya,

I hope you suitably reward the male.

Oh, wait. That's right. You wanted those eggs to hatch . . . .

:)
Steve

marya

Members
hihi~ I just got back from a week in north carolina day before yesterday. my husband watched the fish while i was gone with nothing to report, but last night I looked in and there are eggs with the discus again. i guess they are gonna make a habit out of it! We're getting ready to move our fishroom down the hall into a bigger room. I was kinda hoping to hold off any breedings until the move, but oh well. We'll see if they get it right this time of if the male eats them again.

marya

Members
Well, another update on my discus pair. They have laid eggs over and over and over again since the first time I posted about it, but tonight is the first time that the eggs have hatched. We've got wigglers. Not too many, don't know if they will last, but it's definite progress! :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Good job. I have only done that one time years ago. I thought it was wild watching the fry start to graze off of the parents.