• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

who sold breeding pepper cories

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
They where sold to me as 3 males and 2 females and after I vented them, I realized it was in fact 3 females and 2 males.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Daniel, assuming you're right, having 3 females and 2 males isn't all that different. I've got 4 female Corydoras Melanotaenia and 1 male, and they've been spawning like guppies for a week now.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Everything you buy in auctions is 100% caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

There's plenty of opportunity for viewing everything available prior to the auction. Adjust your bidding accordingly.

Otherwise, I think Congressional has 1-2" Cory. paleatus for $8.99 each + tax...

Matt

Leffler817

CCA Members
Well, with more female gets you more eggs! So get to breeding son!?! :p

If my memory serves me right you paid less than $30 for the group? Yeah, paint me jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
All of the Cory breeders that I know use other characteristics to guess at the fish's gender. I haven't heard of them venting them.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yup

All of the Cory breeders that I know use other characteristics to guess at the fish's gender. I haven't heard of them venting them.
True that. I usually guess by looking at the fish from above. The wider fish are the females, or at least that's my guess.