• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who has 8” suction cups for moving?

bossanova

Members
Hey all, I may need to move a thick glass 150 soon, would anyone happen to have the big heavy duty suction cups that I could borrow? If not I will bite the bullet and buy a set, seems like something we should pass around to other members in need.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
They are expensive and could eventually disappear. Deposit could be made if we were to acquire them and loan them out but you also have timelines or delayed return of said cups. Kind of a hassle to keep track of.:)

JLW

CCA Members
They are expensive and could eventually disappear. Deposit could be made if we were to acquire them and loan them out but you also have timelines or delayed return of said cups. Kind of a hassle to keep track of.:)

A bigger issue is that they do wear out. One of the manufacturer's I work with rents the suction cups, and makes you sign a waiver(!) for their use. Not only because dumb people put them on wrong and break stuff (including themselves), but because it might just be the time it fails on you. . . . .

With all that being said, I have a bunch you're welcome to borrow -- but you take all responsibility for their use. :) They're not 8", but I've moved tanks that I guarantee are bigger than yours with them.