• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

who does fireworks for the 4th!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
ive always enjoyed fireworks and the 4th of july is always a blast. if you know what i mean. we generally grab a bunch and enjoy them once it gets dark. i love everything about them from the explosions, set up/ clean up, and even the smell after they explode. the best part is when you hear the oohs and ahhhs from the little ones. what does your family do besides cook out. everyone just remember to be safe and have fun.

p.s.
i know someone is gonna say they are illegal but so is diving over 55mph. :D so lets skip that part. :)

Jumbie

Members
ive always enjoyed fireworks and the 4th of july is always a blast. if you know what i mean. we generally grab a bunch and enjoy them once it gets dark. i love everything about them from the explosions, set up/ clean up, and even the smell after they explode. the best part is when you hear the oohs and ahhhs from the little ones. what does your family do besides cook out. everyone just remember to be safe and have fun.

p.s.
i know someone is gonna say they are illegal but so is diving over 55mph. :D so lets skip that part. :)

LOL.... I love the 4th, I remember when I was a kid my family and I would go see the fireworks down at the Capital. To me there is no place better to see them, and on the way home while driving through D.C. we would still see fireworks going off. I hope you and your family enjoy your 4th DQ, have fun.

I go to phantom fireworks in PA and get some good fireworks. This year I spent about
$300 but it is worth it. ITS INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

iamzrad

Members
Bought some last week up in PA.
I love firing them up, especially when my neighbors do it as well and we have challenges :)

You know, I don't know why fireworks (the good ones) are banned in Virginia? You would think they would allow them to be sold to let these distrubitors make more money. If they were able to sell these in VA, they would make soooo much money. Like me, there are thousands that go to PA and get fireworks. SO MUCH FOR INDEPENDENCE AND FREEDOM:(

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
You know, I don't know why fireworks (the good ones) are banned in Virginia? You would think they would allow them to be sold to let these distrubitors make more money. If they were able to sell these in VA, they would make soooo much money. Like me, there are thousands that go to PA and get fireworks. SO MUCH FOR INDEPENDENCE AND FREEDOM:(
its more out of safety. little kids were getting fingers blown off from holding firecrackers, people werent safe and caused fires, and dont forget the liquour involved making instant idots. that just about covers the reason. i used to feel the same way till it was explained to me like that. :wacko: so make sure you all are safe and have fun.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I never lost any fingers playing with fireworks, but I definitely participated in the drunken idiot fireworks nights. I can remember getting burned from my friends and I shooting bottle rockets at each other, so I can understand why they limit the accessibility. Anyone with a car and willing to drive can get anything they want though. I used to watch the fireworks at Laurel Lakes, and I used to love watching the UMD fireworks on top of the campus parking garages. I can't deal with the volume of people on the metro to make it worth seeing the fireworks in DC anymore. I did it once, and don't plan on going down there anymore. I usually stay local and go somewhere with live music and other fun stuff going on.

longstocking

Members
hrmmm not sure if I should say this...

But we do something like this at Julies...... :)

Eat, drink and try and out do the neighbors.... Julies on the 4th is a blast :p

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
its more out of safety. little kids were getting fingers blown off from holding firecrackers, people werent safe and caused fires, and dont forget the liquour involved making instant idots. that just about covers the reason. i used to feel the same way till it was explained to me like that. :wacko: so make sure you all are safe and have fun.
I have to agree. So of the calls for service we get at work and some of the things I see make me wonder how some people made it to adulthood.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
A couple years ago one of my Techs had to pay a lot because of fireworks. lol
He was setting them off at his sister's house on the 4th. Like 10 kids there. The sisters dog ran out and picked up a roman candle type of thing right before it shot off into the air. Set the dog on fire.
The dog was howling, the kids were crying and his sister was hitting him with a chair. Had to go to an emergency Vet. Cost him like 700.00 that night.
Its not funny but if you knew him, it would be funny.
This is the same tech that can't go into the local Safeway any more because of a " bathroom" incident.

lonlangione

Members
What is really messed up is, you guys can come to PA and buy them, but we Pennsylvanian's can't buy them from Phamtom. A loop hole in the law states that fireworks companies can sell to people outside of PA. But PA residents can't buy em. Yep it's a great free country isn't it............

Lonny

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
A couple years ago one of my Techs had to pay a lot because of fireworks. lol
He was setting them off at his sister's house on the 4th. Like 10 kids there. The sisters dog ran out and picked up a roman candle type of thing right before it shot off into the air. Set the dog on fire.
The dog was howling, the kids were crying and his sister was hitting him with a chair. Had to go to an emergency Vet. Cost him like 700.00 that night.
Its not funny but if you knew him, it would be funny.
This is the same tech that can't go into the local Safeway any more because of a " bathroom" incident.
cmon pat tell the "incident" part. i am sure its funny! otherwise you wouldnt have put it out there lol!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
What is really messed up is, you guys can come to PA and buy them, but we Pennsylvanian's can't buy them from Phamtom. A loop hole in the law states that fireworks companies can sell to people outside of PA. But PA residents can't buy em. Yep it's a great free country isn't it............

Lonny
The part that makes it even more ridiculous is that its legal for us to buy them in PA or VA, but its illegal to transport them across state lines. So if we get caught with them in MD, we get fined.

fweed

Members
I am ready to tick off everyone in my neighborhood again this year. I think they call the police when it starts to get dark but thats ok I just move from corner to corner and if I find out who called I just do it from their back yards after they go to sleep. Have to love freedom. Have a fun and safe time everyone.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
A few years back one of my friends started like 11 pm in front of his house. He had a party going on and I had been in 3 parades and was tired and was trying to sleep. He was shooting stuff off towards my house and then would yell down the road to me asking if I was ready for an adult beverage. lol
I broke out my little black powder cannon. loaded up a full shot without the ball and lit it off. All I heard was "what the $#$@ was that". #$%$ crap....!!!!!
I about died laughing. It was so loud, I guess he thought I was shooting back at him.

Now its a tradition to fire it off on one holiday. Not July 4th though. I fire it on Xmass. Not sure why. Just do it when the kids are here. I am sure all the neighbors wonder what the heck is going on.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I use a flare gun on the 4th. It usually gets a bigger response from the kids and everyone than the fireworks. Just don't do it anywhere near water.