• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

White Cloud Fry!

Cal

CCA Members
So far, I've been successful at breeding guppies and boesemani rainbow fish. Now White Cloud Mountain Minnows! Lol, most of you are probably giggling since it's such an easy fish to breed. Non the less pretty happy that they can breed in a 6 gallon plastic container! Next on the list is pseudomugil gertrudae!

Becca

Members
Are these my grand-fishes??? LOL!

My white clouds are still breeding outdoors - Every time I check there are fry of all sizes in the pond.

Reactions: Cal

Cal

CCA Members
And day 3 of 3... More newly hatched fry in the plastic container. I think I’ll stop separating the fry from the adults. ^___^

Becca

Members
And day 3 of 3... More newly hatched fry in the plastic container. I think I’ll stop separating the fry from the adults. ^___^
Yeah, you definitely don't need to separate fry from adults. I don't get fry when the adults share a tank with shrimp or cories, but if it's just them and some other schooling fish (or just them), fry happen.

Reactions: Cal

Cal

CCA Members
What a coincidence! The current issue of Amazonas features blue eyes. And has an article on breeding them.

Blaise
I’m currently doing a 50% water change and plan on moving the adult blue eyes tonight. I’m hoping they’ll leave me some eggs. I’ve seen them spawn but haven’t seen any wigglers.