• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which air pump to get?

Jmoore

Members
I have been wanting to get a new air pump for my tanks for awhile now. Right now I have an ecoplus 1 running about 9 sponge filters, but it's not pumping as much air as I am looking for. I have been looking at at the aquatop air pumps on kens fish and was wondering if anyone has worked with the ARN-50 pump, and how many sponge filters it would be able to pump air into. I will probably have 30 outlets on a pvc manifold, I can also bleed out air if needed. I have also looked at the Air Force pro pumps but I just don't know enough about which air pump to get based on the amount of air they pump out. Does anyone have some suggestions on air pumps under $100?

Thanks, Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
I like the Coralife SL65's quite a bit. Great air output and reliability over the years. They hum a little but that's an air pump :)

Matt

I don't have one but ive heard hydro farm makes some inexpensive powerful pumps. I have a danner AP40 I think its a 40 I forget. Works good only had it a year but its been fine. Not the quietest pump though.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have an EcoPlus 5 that works great, but the hum is loud. You can definitely hear it running. Great for a fish room, not so good in your bedroom.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've heard good things about the Ecoplus 5 as well. Someone told me if you hang it on a string/fishing line that it will be quieter. I like the Alita pump but they are not cheap.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, I've got the EcoPlus 5 hanging from some airline tubing in the stand under my 75. It currently is running 12 different devices, all of which have to be valved down or the air flow is just too strong. It easily has capacity for twice as many devices.