Where have all the fanatics gone?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Have to say the board has been pretty flat the last few days (Restzonina's pending hiatus not withstanding ["Hide those tears children - he'll be back"]).

Come on, some one tell a story, like about the time raccoons got into your fishroom. You know, fish drama, only no maudlin "As the Bio-wheel Turns" or "Danios of our Lives" drivel - let's just jump straight to hysterical - often it's just a matter of perspective.

Anyway, have orange Krobia that are definitely big enough to move (1"-1.5"). Appears there will be lots of Nannacara aureocephalus and Australahero oblongums but the NAs will probably be October, AOs may be longer, have to say I give all three species high marks for general behavior, parenting and beauty among small-medium New World cichlids.

Such a soft touch for my own "children - "Swim out into the world young-uns". But enough, if you're interested you know what to do (Hint: must involve regaling, however slight, only no more late night serenading - the things some people (Andrew) will do for a piece of driftwood).

Now where's that story?

Jefft

Members
I posted new fish pics of my fry and those in my 75 tonight in my albums just in case you are really bored. ;]

chriscoli

Administrator
Hey, I posted the other day about my play-doh incident....I posted about my Vics in the breeder basket incident.....I've been trying to do my part.

(by the way, there was a definite preference for hot pink play-doh over fluorescent orange or turquoise play-doh by juvenile Mainganos....)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Humph

Hey, I posted the other day about my play-doh incident....I posted about my Vics in the breeder basket incident.....I've been trying to do my part.

(by the way, there was a definite preference for hot pink play-doh over fluorescent orange or turquoise play-doh by juvenile Mainganos....)

You always do your part and then some you wild creature you.

And all this time I though Mainganos were some sort of fruit or a warlike island tribal group.

chriscoli

Administrator
And all this time I though Mainganos were some sort of fruit or a warlike island tribal group.

Funny thing is...The only way my husband knows that I'm talkling about them is when I call them the "Blue Mangos"....so that is what they are called in my house.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I posted in the CARES Section that I stripped twenty-odd Stomatepia pindu babies last week.

These are the jet-black Darth Vader-looking little guys from Lake Barombi-Mbo...

I think that there's gonna be some exciting news coming soon about next Spring ;)

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
My Bolivian ram parents seem to have divorced, and the father has exclusive legal and physical custody of the kids. I'm surprised by this, but it seems to be working out. kids are thriving and looking forward to meeting their grandparents this fall.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this phenomenon. If not, feel free to comments on husbands or marriages in general.

mscichlid

Founder
As I was preparing to do a wc on the blue acara tank, I noticed a swarm of fry. I'm glad I decided to turn the light on first. WHEW!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
On Thursday night, I did some massive water changes on the 150 SA eartheater tank and 125 featherfin/cyp tanks in the basement. Also hit up the discus and west Africans in the kitchen. I have a 70 gallon-ish black tub in my dog room that I make RO water in. Used so much that night that in order to change out the westies, I ended up having to tilt the barrel a bit to get the last of the water that is below the valve at the bottom.

I went to sleep, very satisfied knowing that my fish were happy.

On Friday, I went to work, psyched over the weekend status. At 7:15, I get a call from Maria.... "The whole barrel is empty and 1/2 of the basement is wet.... click." Drove home, pulled up/out carpet emptied the shop vac at least 4 times. Pulled back most of the carpet in the guest bedroom, removed the carpet out of the hallway and the remnants out of the laundry/dog's room where the barrel lives.

With the RO being rated 100 GPD, estimated about 30-40 gallons dribbled right onto the floor. Shampooed the carpets yesterday.

I couldn't believe that the seal at the bottom of the tank failed.... but apparently, it didn't....

Morale of the story: When done emptying the barrel, make sure to close the valve before refilling the tank.

:sign0002:

dogofwar

CCA Members
:( good luck on getting things cleaned up!

Matt

On Thursday night, I did some massive water changes on the 150 SA eartheater tank and 125 featherfin/cyp tanks in the basement. Also hit up the discus and west Africans in the kitchen. I have a 70 gallon-ish black tub in my dog room that I make RO water in. Used so much that night that in order to change out the westies, I ended up having to tilt the barrel a bit to get the last of the water that is below the valve at the bottom.

On Friday, I went to work, psyched over the weekend status. At 7:15, I get a call from Maria.... "The whole barrel is empty and 1/2 of the basement is wet.... click." Drove home, pulled up/out carpet emptied the shop vac at least 4 times. Pulled the carpet out of the hallway and the remnants out of the laundry/dog's room where the barrel lives.

With the RO being rated 100 GPD, estimated about 30-40 gallons dribbled right onto the floor. Shampooed the carpets yesterday.

I couldn't believe that the seal at the bottom of the tank failed.... but apparently, it didn't....

Morale of the story: When done emptying the barrel, make sure to close the valve before refilling the tank.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Great story

On Friday, I went to work, psyched over the weekend status. At 7:15, I get a call from Maria.... "The whole barrel is empty and 1/2 of the basement is wet.... click." Drove home, pulled up/out carpet emptied the shop vac at least 4 times. Pulled back most of the carpet in the guest bedroom, removed the carpet out of the hallway and the remnants out of the laundry/dog's room where the barrel lives.

Good thing you have so much experience cleaning up spills in your basement!;)