• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

when and where's the next meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acara19

CCA Members
Is it gonna be at the elementary school like the last one or are we going back to JFK?

also does anyone want my longear sunfish? he's about 3 inches long, wild caught, eats frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp and brine shrimp flakes, just a little finicky with feeding
nothing's really wrong with him I just want to rehome him before he outgrows the tank

JLW

CCA Members
We're back at JFK. The elementary school was a one time thing because of prom or something.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Then the front page is incorrect and needs to be fixed.
No, it already has been. Pasted from the home page:

3:00 - Prizes and Club Mini-Auction or table sales (see forum thread for specific meeting details)

The "forum thread for specific meeting details" is what I referenced above that I'd post once I have all of the information.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I think it ought to be possible to have the details be accurate and specific on the front page, and not "mini-auction or table sales", But I don't know what's involved in updating the front page.

Becca

Members
Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I think it ought to be possible to have the details be accurate and specific on the front page, and not "mini-auction or table sales", But I don't know what's involved in updating the front page.

I mean, sure, if you know HTML. Maybe give some of us newer folks more than a couple of weeks to learn the ropes and cut the ones who are making up for our slow learning curve a little slack?

FishEggs

You can dream or you can become a board member and change things for the better as you see it.
We need to also remember that most of us have full time jobs and family life to deal with too and this is our hobby. There is no full time crew to handle updates and posts and what not and we can only post info as fast as we get it especially when we have last minute cancellations.
Please be patient. We're doing our best with the situation.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You can dream or you can become a board member and change things for the better as you see it.
We need to also remember that most of us have full time jobs and family life to deal with too and this is our hobby. There is no full time crew to handle updates and posts and what not and we can only post info as fast as we get it especially when we have last minute cancellations.
Please be patient. We're doing our best with the situation.
You may recall that I was a board member for two years.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I mean, sure, if you know HTML. Maybe give some of us newer folks more than a couple of weeks to learn the ropes and cut the ones who are making up for our slow learning curve a little slack?
I'm very surprised that to edit an existing page you need to know HTML.

I truly wish all of you the best.

Becca

Members

I need to know enough to not mess it up, which is why the schedule on the home page is more general. The fewer things that change, the less likely something will get messed up.

FishEggs FishEggs is right - we're all dealing with some combination of full-time jobs, kids, ageing parents, and life's other demands, while trying to plan BFD, and some poor soul was stuck trying to find a replacement speaker relatively last minute (THANK YOU).

chriscoli

Administrator

Well, that's the way it is. I don't understand why this is even an issue in this thread. Let it go.

I asked you to help me previously and you declined.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Well, that's the way it is. I don't understand why this is even an issue in this thread. Let it go.

I asked you to help me previously and you declined.
I raised it because I think it's a real problem for the club that there isn't clear information about the meetings, well in advance. If the website is so hard to update, it hurts the club. I won't raise it again, given the responses I've gotten today from board members.

Since you raised the issue of asking me to help, I agree that you did. And, in fact, I volunteered several years ago, but no one could figure out how to give me admin rights. In the intervening years, I've become the PVAS admin, and so didn't want to take on a second web admin gig.

Have a good November meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.