• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What's wrong with this catfish?

Andrew

Members
Just like in aquaria, if there is fighting amongst fish and/or other critters OR poor water quality a fish may have patches of skin that are infected with something. "Naked" catfish like this are particularly susceptible to chemical burns from polluted water. I've caught channel cats in the Potomac that looked terrible from all the gunk that gets dumped into that river.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Just like in aquaria, if there is fighting amongst fish and/or other critters OR poor water quality a fish may have patches of skin that are infected with something. "Naked" catfish like this are particularly susceptible to chemical burns from polluted water. I've caught channel cats in the Potomac that looked terrible from all the gunk that gets dumped into that river.

I agree, the potomac and many other rivers get pretty dirty, thats probably why the poor fella looks so sick, maybe he got in a fight with another catfish and the wounds got infected.