• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What type of sponge filter do you use.

What type of sponge filter do you use. You can choose more than one.

• Dirt Magnet

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hydro

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Tetra

• Poret Filter Foam

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Nielson filter (locals know)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Homemade filter

• Other

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • none

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longstocking

Members
I made mine... high density foam from "the foam store" in baltimore. Love the material.

I think I made about 50 sponges for 30 bucks.

tash

Members
I have a hydro I got in a grab bag. But if I needed a bunch I would make them. Or just go with the mat filters.....

I buy all hyrdro's allthough I would be interested in making them like other people have suggested.

Which ones are more efficient at breaking down metabolic wastes through the cycle?

maddog10

Members
The one with the greatest area. More area, more places for bacteria.

I prefer small pore foam. It holds onto the 'stuff' (scientific term) that happens to get pulled into a little better.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Good to know Sarita;)

I use mostly Hydros and maybe a couple sponges made from Ron. I did purchase a couple of those nice little blue sponges that were for sale at the 2008 CatFish Convention and they're working just fine.

Richard
Subby.png

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Seeing another today reminded me..... I loose more plecos in tanks with hydros. They like to go into the top an then I guess get wedged in. Saved one yesterday. Lost another one today.

bschuhart

Members
I use sponge filters from Angels Plus in my Angels breeding and fry tanks. They have 2 different one, small pore and regular and sell replacment parts. Angelsplus.com