• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What To Do With Female Fish

pnlkman

Members
I have a male peacock and hap tand and thru time have gotton some female with knowing it. What does everyone do with the females that you dont want in the show tank.

Sonny Disposition

I usually keep males and females in the show tank. That limits me to only two or three different species that are distantly related (so they don't cross). An option would be to set up a five or ten gallon for the female. In the case of mouthbrooders, you could feed them like crazy, so they would grow larger than they would in a mixed tank, and have larger broods if you ever did decide to breed them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pnlkman @ Nov 6 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a male peacock and hap tand and thru time have gotton some female with knowing it. What does everyone do with the females that you dont want in the show tank.[/b]

If you aren't breeding to resell, sell your females to those who are. Breeders are always looking for females to add to the stud's harem. Of course they have to be good females and not anything that has doubt if they are 100% full breed.