• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

what fish foods do you give tour fish?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
i use new life spectrum, hikari gold, and hikari massivore as far as pellets go. for live foods i use earthworms, mealmorms, crickets, crayfish, convicts, salamanders (springtime only). i also slice up zukes and cukes for them along w/ blanched veggies.

BevN

Members
My new primary dry food is Ultracolor (I am so sold on it I'm now a distributor). Everything eats it including the discus. In addition I feed daphnia as a treat, blackworms, bbs, microworms, vinegar eels, once in a great while frozen bloodworms, red wigglers for Fernando (my UFY), spirulina flakes. I think that is all.

tash

Members
I would like to try the ultracolor. But for now I am working through various flakes and pellets I have gotten in grab bags from auctions and the raffle.

I would give live food more if I could. But it is hard to keep around between my husband and my daughter (he called my daphnia "moldy" and "gross", it was just algae :lol: ). But I try to keep around some walterworms at least. My daphnia crashed, but when I can get them I like those. In the summer I got some mosquito larvae before dumping out thier residence (where I was soaking some driftwood I found). It was right after that that my apistos bred. They loved the blackworms I got last meeting. I wish I could get those more often, especilly for my cories. I don't do bbs much because it is so messy and difficult and I rarely have fry these days.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I think Bev said she is a distributor. I am sure she would deliver to
a meeitng if she is coming that month. Or I assume but you know what that can make me. lol

davidhusker

Members
Kens cichlid flake for lunch
NLS large fish pellets for dinner (some days forgotten :) )
Brine Shrimp / Frozen shrimp / Krill once a week usually

BevN

Members
Yes I can deliver to the meetings and I will be giving discounts to club members. My first shipment is on it's way and should be here Thrusday or Friday.

I should have it for the road trip this weekend to That Fish Place and Julies...I won't be making the other two stops. I'm old and need to get back home..hehe.

I ordered cichlids, micro community,mini community, large community, community floating and mash...the mash is awesome for small fish and fry.

I just got in a box of of 750 wild caught teeny tiny cardinals and am feeding them only this mash. Cardinals have a rep of having a high loss rate for wild caught so I'm testing the mash and see how much of an effect it has on that. So far no losses which is amazing. I'm also giving it to some oddball wild caught plecos, super schwartzi and working on getting the wild discus eating this as well.

F8LBITE

Members
I feed NLS and spirulina pellets.

BEVN post up when you are ready ill definitely pick some up at a CCA meeting.

BevN

Members
Actually the food arrived today. UPS managed to crush the 5lb bags so those are being reshipped.

I'll definately have it for the February meeting. I'll have posted the sizes, types and discount prices in the next week for delivery for that meeting.

I will be able to deliver to the Lancaster meeting tonight as well if anyone is going to be there.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Yes I can deliver to the meetings and I will be giving discounts to club members. My first shipment is on it's way and should be here Thrusday or Friday.

I should have it for the road trip this weekend to That Fish Place and Julies...I won't be making the other two stops. I'm old and need to get back home..hehe.

I ordered cichlids, micro community,mini community, large community, community floating and mash...the mash is awesome for small fish and fry.

I just got in a box of of 750 wild caught teeny tiny cardinals and am feeding them only this mash. Cardinals have a rep of having a high loss rate for wild caught so I'm testing the mash and see how much of an effect it has on that. So far no losses which is amazing. I'm also giving it to some oddball wild caught plecos, super schwartzi and working on getting the wild discus eating this as well.
DO YOU HAVE A PRICE LIST FOR 5LB TUBS? I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME AT THE FEBRUARY MEETING 2-21-9 ;) THANK YOU.

I feed my fish NLS pellets, and also Ocean Nutrition Flakes for cichlids which my fish seem to love sooooo much. Ocean nutrition does have 52% protein and NLS 34% if anyone wanted to know. I also feed some backyard crickets, worms only from April to November.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I feed Kensfish color flakes, kensfish sinking pellets (a lot like NLS), and mixed sinking sticks. I also feed NLS Thera A, frozen bloodworms, live superworms, and the spare live or dead cricket or fly that I find around the house.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
This is what I am trying to work into my fish diet :

http://www.kensfish.com/kensnocarbcolorpellets.html

I also feed NLS, a few of Ken's flakes, Mysis, Black worms, Decap Brine, Golden Pearls, Ken's growth pellet, Zuchinni, Cucumbers, Ken's crumble, NLS stable wafers and cherry red shrimp. I think that is about it ;)
Does Kensfish make Ultracolor? The ingredient of "Ultracolor Cichlid Sinking 1.25mm-1.55mm" and Kens Premium Chiclid Color Pellet: (No Carb Sinking) 1.2mm-1.5mm are nearly identical with the exception that ultracolor has Chlorella Algae.

The anaylist is almost the same as well:
Kens: protein min 56%, fat/oil min 9%, fiber max 3%, moisture max 10%
Ultra: protein min 54%, fat/oil min 9%, fiber max 3%, moisture max 10%

longstocking

Members
I'm not sure if he makes it.... but the ingredients looked the same to me.

I started trying this food after I talked to him about it at the catfish convention. He and quite a few others really liked the food so I'm giving it a try.