• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What do you breed?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
One of the things I am curious about is what type of fish people breed. I stocked most of my tanks over the years from LFS and stores like petco. After attending meetings (not AA) I realized that club members were breeding nicer lines of fish than I had seen anywhere and the prices are better than you'll find most places. I could have stocked my tanks with nicer fish for half the price! Now I plan to do most of my stocking from auctions and purchases through the forum. I'm also sure some members are breeding fish that some of us have on our "wish list."

Maybe this will help people get a better idea of who has what, because I am very curious. I'll start with breeding colonies I have currently set up and then list some young fish I am growing out for breeding purposes.

I recently started acquiring breeders, so I'm just starting to get into the game. I don't have any marketable fry yet, but hope to have some soon. I currently have the following harems set up:

Aulonocara Baenschi "Sunshine Peacock"
Aulonocara sp. Rubescens "Ruby Red Peacock"
Aulonocara Stuartgranti Ngara "Orange Ngara Flametail Peacock"
Labidochromis Caeruleus "Yellow Labs"
Melanochromis Auratus "Golden Auratus"
Melanochromis Johanni "Electric Blue Johanni"
Pseudotropheus Acei "Acei Yellow tail"
Pseudotropheus Lombardoi "Kenyi"

I am growing out the following for breeding purposes:

Papiliochromis ramirezi "German Blue Rams"
Protomelas Taeniolatus "Red Empress"
Sciaenochromis ahli "Electric Blue Ahli"
Symphysodon aequifasciata Discus (Green Turquoise, Red Turquoise, Marlboro Red, Golden)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
i have bred my red jewels but now i have texas cichlids and jaguars in the process of mating. im hoping the love bug hits hard and fast!

longstocking

Members
hmmmmmm Tangs... lots of them.

Lots of fry every where....

To name a few...

Tropheus
Petrochormis
Julidochromis
Gobies

Catfish as well....

L numbers and african catfish.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Also, if anyone has fry or juveniles that they would like to sell please include that information so anyone interested could contact you.

Charlutz

Members
You could page through the breeder program forums and the market place forum. That would give you a good idea of what everyone has.

rsretep

Members
i currently have fry from gymnogeophagus balzanni,julidochromis transcriptus,neolamprologus multifasciatus,and lamprologus occelatus (gold)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I do generally "patrol" the marketplace forum, but some of the threads aren't very current, so I figured it'd be more accurate to ask people what they currently have. How do I gain access to the BAP section? I became a member in February.

maddog10

Members
I believe you joined the Forum, but you have not joined the Club. 2 different things. There is a whole section of the Forum that you can not see (all the good stuff happens there).