• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Direction Are You Heading?

blkmjk

Members
Talk about a loaded question... Seems like when I talk to the new world keepers we are always in transition. What are you transitioning into? Personally I'm trying to set up two fix foot tanks and move some of my grow outs to their more permanent residences. As well as set up some fry tanks to accommodate the insane amounts if fry I currently have. At that point I hope to be on a drip system keeping maintenance at an all time low around my fish room. I will be cutting back some of my stock significantly at aquamania. So what about you? Are their any species your looking to pick up? New tanks getting set up for the potential stock?

Drew

Becca

Members
We're moving into a new house... so, North-ish?

Of course, we're bringing the tanks with us and I'm *hoping* to build a rack that can hold some 10 gallons and 2 40 breeders....

spazmattik

Members
oh man. this thread is getting jacked by old world lovers. lol. The direction I'm heading with my tanks literally depends on the direction I'm heading in life! I am looking to get out of this apartment and into a house. That would open up room for more large tanks :)

Lately I have been regretting turning my big tank into a community as I have always loved the glass bangers. What was I thinking? I think I got a good deal on my 125 but at the same time I paid more than alot of the other offers I see on CL... it did have all the best stuff though and a sweet custom stand. Anyhow, after paying a little more than I wanted, I felt like putting 1 big fish in it would be a waste at the time. Don't get me wrong, I love my community but you gotta love the big nasties :p

Harleyrider5

Members
Right now I am enjoying what I have currently. I have my JD's, Red Devils, parachromis Freddy's breeding pair, breeding pair of parachromis managuenses, a single managuense, a single red tiger motaguense, my newest addition and umbee. As far as what I would like to go to. I want to get and raise a few more umbee's, as well as cuban cichlids, right now with 50+ managuense fry and peeping for more fry really soon I will have to wait before adding them in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JasonC

Members
Interesting thread!

In general, I need to get my fish area massaged into something that I am proud to show people. Currently, my area is a hot mess, no organization, no purpose. which matches the basement that it is in.. but we really want the basement to be a functional living area so that has to change. I am thinking of doing 2 racks each with a 29 and a 20L below, a 37 cube on another stand, and then a shelving unit w/ potentially 2 20L's, and a few rows of 10's or 15's.

Fish-wise, I think I am staying with Apistos for now, though every time I look at the behavior of my P. taneatus pair, I get more interested in what else west African dwarfs have to offer.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Forgot to add, The 120 is probably going to be a bichir odball tank. But I'll probably put the salvinis in there to have some cichlid action.

heated pool that sounds AWESOME. matt I plan on bringing you a nice little package on tomorrow so I hope you have some room available....

as far as what direction i am heading, I am huge fan of the parachromis family as you can tell by my signature line now i am just adding other head bangers to my parachromis collection.....

TMSB805

Members
I am slowly switching over to gymnogeos. I'll will still keep my 300 stocked with CAs but my 220 and 2 75s are now currently housing gymnogeos. I may convert my 125 to gymnos as well if i can just get rid of these Rostratus!!!! lol . I'm also playing around with low light plants again. So far they seem to be doing ok.

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow. Great thread idea indeed. There's a lot of moving/swapping in need in my fish room. Swapped out a 48"x18" 60 gallon the other day for 3 15s and a 10, lol. Never thought I'd be replacing bigger tanks with little ones, but my wild apistos and cories needed a permanent home.

As you guys know, I've amassed some angry fish lately - amarillos from COA at AquaMania (in a 90 now), Bifaciatus from Drew, Bredorhi from Drew and at the last club meeting - a bag of dovii, lol (no idea why). I also have my La Ceibas in a 60.

So the task over the next few months will be to find homes for these guys. The bifas are in another 60 gallon now and will likely replace the tropheus in a 75 for a while. The bredohri are still little now as are the dovii.

Down the road, I see several pairs in 18"x48" tanks (whether they be the 60s, the 75 or the 90) with eggcrate dividers.

I know that a 75 footprint is not ideal for these meanies, but don't see myself re-purposing any of my 6 footers any time soon. The Malawi hap community, eartheaters, smaller Centrals and discus setups are my favorite tanks.