• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at the BFD?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Most importantly, I did NOT get the coronavirus. We had a decent turnout for the marketplace, and a good turnout for the auction. Most vendors made it, as well as most marketplace tables.

There were plenty of fish to choose from, tons of plants, lots of driftwood, and plenty of dry goods.

I got the following:

Fish from 3 different pre-orders (Tangled Up in Cichlids, Aqua Imports, and Aquatic Clarity) will post details in a new thread later
Fish from the auction (Cyphotilapia gibberosa 'Mpimbwe' from A&B Spartan Aquatics, and Ophthalmotilapia ventralis 'Chituta' from Dave's Rare Fish)
Nets from Reed
Stumpy Wood from Lane
A heater from someone I didn't catch their name
A new understanding of the YouTube world, and a new nickname from my livestreamed Q&A session

Big thanks to everyone who helped, I'll try to thank those people individually, or in a separate thread. Thanks to everyone who showed up in unusual circumstances and helped make the event a success!

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I got the following:
1 x Wild Apisto cacatuoides (from aquaticclarity aquaticclarity ) to go with my group of 5 domestic females . Pretty sure they've already spawned.
8 x CPO crayfish (from Aqua-Imports). They're set up nicely for breeding and redistribution next year in a 40g.
I also won the raffle for one of the packages of botanicals from Tannin Aquatics, which are already being put to good use

It was fun to man the registration desk!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I got to catch up with some of my favorite fishkeepers, while also meeting some new ones.
For fish, I was gifted a pair of altum angels from TUIC. I also bought some male guppies from the marketplace. In the auction, I won one agnesae tetras (to add to my others), and a group of P. Kyburzi tetras (from AI).

Freakgecko

Members
10x Guianacara cf owroewefi from TUIC
6x Krobia Xinguensis TUIC
Pair of crenicichla sp. orinoco dwarf (AC)
Pair of apistogramma barlowi red face (AC)
12x penguin tetras (that 10 of promptly got eaten by my adoketa) from Batfish
1x fossil cat from Batfish (didn’t make it)
Some nice driftwood from the CCA table
1 giant Satanoperca from Batfish through the auction (thanks again for quarantining him for me Josh, I’ll email you soon about getting him)

lock jaw

CCA Members
1 Callochromis melanostigma Burundi from Dave's rare fish
4 synodontis petricola from Mike's cichlids
1 albino eureka from Pat Kelly

20200315_203947.jpg

20200315_203845.jpg

20200314_145126.jpg