• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you listening to?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I know my music isn't for everyone... but I also know there are plenty of music fans on the site. Figured it'd be fun to share our favorite vid's. I know a couple of the guy's will post some SRV and I'll be lookin forward to that, but right now I'm kinda feelin like this!!!

:party0007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USDlhWJGinI

F8LBITE

Members
Hell yeah Pantera rocks! RIP Dimebag D.

"Walk" is another one of my favs.

Im still listening to Megadeth since seeing them on March 15th.

9e1c36ec.jpg

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

That's awesome Jose!!! I'm hopin the Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax tour comes to the US... I've seen Metallica 5 times, been waiting to see Slayer for like 20 yrs. Course I'd love to hear Hook In Mouth live and who wouldn't want to see Anthrax. They better bring that show over here!!!

F8LBITE

Members
Im hoping too!! Iron Maiden is coming in July I think, im definitely going to check that out, who knows if theyll ever tour again.

minifoot77

Members
i've seen metalica 2 times and would love to see them on the east coast... once was in anaheim, ca and the other was in vegas baby :)

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
WTOP and WETA for sure! They ROCK! 88.5 for Car Talk, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, and The Prairie Home. How could you bash your head against anything else?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know my music isn't for everyone... but I also know there are plenty of music fans on the site. Figured it'd be fun to share our favorite vid's. I know a couple of the guy's will post some SRV and I'll be lookin forward to that, but right now I'm kinda feelin like this!!!

:party0007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USDlhWJGinI

chris_todd

Members
Back in the day, Garrison Keilor was quite the headbanger, despite his Lutheran Minnesotan image, LOL. And ya know Click and Clack can party...

I like Metallica's older stuff, but I stopped listening to their new stuff after "Load", and SRV is awesome, but lately my iPod has been stuck on Kings X, Allan Holdsworth, Brian Bromberg, and Bach organ music.

The latest huge snow storm we had p*ssed me off because I had tickets to see Allan Holdsworth play at Ram's Head in Annapolis that Saturday night, and the show was cancelled because of the snow. I have been waiting 20 years to see him play live, I hope he gets back to the states again soon.

Cartel

Members
I saw Muse last month in Baltimore and have since then I'm still stuck listening to everything they have made. I listen to alot of difference stuff so I won't start listing...

dogofwar

CCA Members
I get 6 CDs I've never heard from the library every couple of weeks...and put them in my car.

This week it's Iron and Wine, Robert Johnson, a random Marley brother, Jay Z (Blueprint 3) and a couple more I forgot. Best way to try new music :)

I rocked out to Wilco on Austin City Limits the other night.

Matt

rsretep

Members
seen metallica back in the day with wasp and armored saint (john bush on vocals from anthrax) at coast to coast (a small club) was ride the lightning tour and cliff burton was still alive....

right now i am getting into bullet for my valentine cause they are a newer band that actually play guitar solos (imagine that) dudes can shred

saw maiden open for priest twice once at cap center and once at baltimore arena (only a month apart) wanna say probably screaming for vengeance tour 1982???

lots of found memories of shows gone by...

longstocking

Members
I feel like I'm still in the 80's and 90's reading this thread :p

I saw Pantera way back when.... lol weird weird concert....... can't say I want to see any of the bands listed lol

I didn't even want to go to Pantera... friends dragged me along when I lived in Los Angeles :lol:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Richard, pretty wicked video!!!

David, I saw Theory on the Crue2 tour. I've gotta say, even tho it's not my kinda music... they sounded VERY good. The Theory fans had to LOVE IT!!! I was there to see Godsmack, who IMO OWNED that tour!!! The Crue didn't stand a chance following Godsmack, I've never seen so many people leave while the headliner was on stage. The moshpit for this song was absolutely amazing, and I was right down there lovin it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDYmtW_0_g&feature=related

And of course the drum battle between Sully & Shannon is like no other!!!
(I've seen them live 5 times and the drum battle is completely amazing, I dare anyone to watch this and tell me they're not impressed!!! ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFH06TqIYR4&feature=related

Lotsa good stuff so far everyone.

Bill, where's the SRV!!!

Spine

Members
Last edited:

Spine

Members
I like system of a down their alright. I've seen alot of the bands mentioned (SRV,Zappa,Allan Holdworth) I've also stumble across some really got bands just by going to some of the local clubs and venues. I've seen James Brown,BB King,Pinetop Perkins lots of Blues acts. I've also checked out some really good bands for free( Average White band,Rootboy slim & the sexchange band, Chuck Brown). I like Rage against the machine and Zepplin for my harder taste. Some of the Female vocalist I like are Sade,Eva Cassidy,Carly Simon and Maria Carey