• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What air pump would you recommend?

Jmoore

Members
Hi, I am in the process of finishing my small fish room. I would like to have a sponge in every tank and tumblers in a few others. Here is the list of tanks the pump will be supplying.
Thanks for any help.
8-20 gallon tanks
4-15 gallon tanks
4-29 gallon tanks
1-37 gallon tank
1-55 gallon tank
9-10 gallon tanks
2-2.5 gallon tanks
2-5.5 gallon tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kareen

Members
Look at Jehmco.com he sells some good air pumps you can call him and he will set you up with the right air pump

Becca

Members
I think I am going to order the 40lpm at 1.5 psi diaphragm pump from jehmco

I have a Jehmco pump that needs to be cleaned out. I'll issue one warning - the screws are in so tight that I can't take it apart to clean it. I managed to clear out the air intake hole a little bit, but it needs to be opened up and I can't open it. At this point, one screw is stripped, 2 will come out, and the 4th will end up stripped like the 1st if I keep trying.

It kind of sucks to feel like I'm going to have to replace it considering it probably works fine but I can't get into it to fix the problem.

Jmoore

Members
I have a Jehmco pump that needs to be cleaned out. I'll issue one warning - the screws are in so tight that I can't take it apart to clean it. I managed to clear out the air intake hole a little bit, but it needs to be opened up and I can't open it. At this point, one screw is stripped, 2 will come out, and the 4th will end up stripped like the 1st if I keep trying.

It kind of sucks to feel like I'm going to have to replace it considering it probably works fine but I can't get into it to fix the problem.

Yikes. I ordered it this morning. I will put a filter pad over the intake i guess. I have tools to take out a stripped screw if that happens to me. Thanks for the good info.

Jmoore

Members
Just wanted to post an update.
This pump is awesome! I have it running with 19 outlets and 5 extra outlets open all the way to bleed off some extra air. This is a very powerful pump and can't even hear it. I would highly recommend this for someone looking to set up a fishroom with 15+ tanks.