• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

what air pump to buy.

Peacockbass

I am looking to install a central air system in the fish room. I plan on constructing a pvc loop. what size pipe should i use? I will need roughly 30 air outlets. With that said what pump should i purchase. I have been researching it and there are so many options. Also what is the best way to connect the pump to the pvc? Any suggestions are greaty accepted. the 2 outlet pumps i am running now say 3 watt max on them so i am hoping the central pump will not use more energy them all them added together. I know i will clean up the area alittle with out having all those pumps plugged in.

fischfan13

Banned
There are currently two great posts going on at ECC about BOTH of these subjects.
The person who, IMO, is the foremost authority on building fishrooms is John @ Jehmco.com . He is currently helping me with mine...along with someone else you might know...:rolleyes:

The pump?
Check out the pump that I will be buying...sounds like what you need.

Size of PVC?
Sounds like 1"...but then I am learning from these threads myself.

http://forums.eastcoastcichlids.org/showthread.php?t=5163

http://forums.eastcoastcichlids.org/showthread.php?t=4879

mab

Members
Lots of us in CCA have already done this in our fishrooms. I'm in Reston if you want to come that far to see a setup; however, I'm sure their are folks closer to you that have done the same and might be willing to show you how they built their air systems.

BTW: JEHMCO provides the hookup to connect the pump to the PVC when you purchase a pump.

Michael

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Which air pump did you decide to go with and how do you like it? I'm seriously considering plumbing my fishroom for one large air pump.

Peacockbass

I have not purchased on yet. got side tracked with my new 265 gal tank. but i will let you know when i get one up and running