• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Well here's a 'marketing' idea to swap...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
If one Googles CCA, we, meaning all of us lurkers, registered guests and dues-paying members (of whom I am as of yesterday afternoon #159 thank you very much) command 39th place on page 4 listed behind such noteworthy institutions and acronyms as are otherwise used to refer to and describe the Chinese Chess Association, the Canadian Comedy Awards, the California Culinary Asociation, cold cranking amperes and Cholangiocarcinoma (otherwise known as cancer of the bile ducts), etc., etc. I resent such anonymity (Wikipedia doesn't even have us on their acronym list for CCA) as well as being associated with a deadly liver disease and think it is incumbent, nay imperative that we rectify this post haste and with prejudice.

I was visited by a very large and ancient grouper as I slept this misty morning who's lucid but incomprehensible gurgling prompted a reverential epiphany (or a maybe only an approximation thereof). It goes like this: as so many among us have not yet attained the enlightenment that comes with realizing that Corydoras are to fish what Buddha was to humankind, and given the lamentable obscurity within and under which the nascent but unquenchable Capital Cichlid Association currently toils, why not make it the Capital Cichlid and Corydoras—and this is the great part—Protectorate rather than Association, or CCCP which some of you will doubtless recognize as the Russian spelling of the once mighty but now vanquished USSR. We can capitalize on their notoriety, and by extension, since they also dissolved the KGB, we could use that as well and have our own elite internal KGB - Kickass Great Breeders (limited to members that have successfully spawned representatives form at least 10-20 different genera of fish (not including livebearers). I haven't managed this myself but since it's my idea I should get an automatic bid.

CCCP - Capital Cichlid & Corydoras Protectorate, now that sounds pro-active as opposed to just some passive 'association'. Pretty cool, eh? Yeah, I know, brilliant really, but this is typical for me, the real marvel is that I stay so humble.

So like, how soon can we vote on this?

"Those who can do naught else go with the flow—rather, be the flow, spread wisdom as current does nutrients and dissolved oxygen".
—Transcendental Medication, Chapter IV, Volume XXX, Encyclopedia Aquatica

Ophelia77

Members
Huh? So, who's actually Google-ing "CCA" to find the forum? Wouldn't most people looking for information or advice type in "Cichlid" (Which we are on page 5) or "Cichlid forum" (again on page 5), or maybe even the specific type of fish they own? We are, simply put, a "Cichlid Club" - to which Google places us on page one :) As for using a Russian acronym, I'm not sure I would be okay with that - both of the acronyms suggested (CCCP and KGB) while comical in the American counterparts that you have suggested, make me cringe with the Russian association of those acronyms.

I see your plight, but personally I'll vote to keep "CCA" and risk being next to colon cancer :)

Julie

Members
:happy0007::happy0007::happy0007::happy0158: :happy0158: :happy0180::happy0180::happy0180::happy0180: :happy0065: :happy0065::happy0065:

thanks for this Sam!!

YSS

Members
While we are at it, how about some other cool acronyms we should consider such as XXX, eXtra-special Xenotilapia eXperts, or TMZ, Tang Malawi Zen-Masters. What about UFC, Utimate Fish Club? The possibilities are endless ..... :D:D:D

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
While we are at it, how about some other cool acronyms we should consider such as XXX, eXtra-special Xenotilapia eXperts, or TMZ, Tang Malawi Zen-Masters. What about UFC, Utimate Fish Club? The possibilities are endless ..... :D:D:D

Now that's funny!

Chicklid

Members

I kind of like UFC. It sounds.... intimidating. :fighting0032:

longstocking

Members
ok I'm going off topic... :p

Julie and I met Sam up at her BBQ.... so, we talked found out a little about him etc...

So, while were are on the topic of google...

Try googling Sam's name : samuel labudde

I'm not a crazy stalker chick lol.... but I think it's really cool what he did. He told Julie and I about some of his work so I thought some of the other members might want to know some of the cool things Sam has done :)

I hope you don't mind Sam.... and yes, I still have the sand sifters for you :) They just need to grow up a bit :)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Wow!

ok I'm going off topic... :p

Julie and I met Sam up at her BBQ.... so, we talked found out a little about him etc...

So, while were are on the topic of google...

Try googling Sam's name : samuel labudde

I'm not a crazy stalker chick lol.... but I think it's really cool what he did. He told Julie and I about some of his work so I thought some of the other members might want to know some of the cool things Sam has done :)

I hope you don't mind Sam.... and yes, I still have the sand sifters for you :) They just need to grow up a bit :)
That's very cool. Thanks for pointing that out.