• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Dave to the CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome to the CCA as both a member and a sponsor!!!!
:jumping0045::jumping0045::jumping0045:

Dave Schumacher

CCA Members
Thanks for the warm welcome! I will be sending a bunch of fish to your meeting on Saturday, and will post a list tomorrow of what was sent. I would post a list now, but I have no idea what I'm sending yet. We'll see what looks good tomorrow. I'll make sure to include something for everyone though - Malawi, Tanganyika, Victoria, West Africa, Synodontis, Plecos, etc. I hope you enjoy them!

Tony - I can't help but notice that you're labeled an alligator snapping turtle. Hilarious!

longstocking

Members
Welcome Dave, have fun on the forum ... you already know a lot of us :)

And THANK THANK THANK you for making me do another airport run. You are so sweet! :p

Just kidding :) 10 min ride there... and the SW people get me in and out in 10 min. THANK YOU for the donations, I'm sure everyone will love them. I'll let you know how they do :)

Dave Schumacher

CCA Members
Thanks for picking them up, Sarah! Here's what I ended up sending out this morning:

5 Ptychochromis oligocanthus - a relatively peaceful cichlid from Madagascar that grows to about 6-8 inches.

5 Altolamprologus compressiceps Kipili "Zebra" - often sold as "zebra calvus" because they have pearly spots like calvus do.

5 Lepidiolamprologus kendalli Tanzania - an awesome predatory cichlid from Lake Tanganyika with a beautiful pattern as adults. These are already developing the pattern, but will not likely show it much in the bag.

5 Cyathopharynx foae Cape Kachese - a pretty metallic blue featherfin.

(1,1) Aulonocara stuartgranti Chitimba Bay Shallow "Bicolor" - I had to send a pair of these because this group of bicolors is one of the nicest I've had.

5 Copadichromis sp. "Kawanga No-Spot" Undu "Mloto Fluorescent" - a beautiful metallic blue Copad with similar coloration to an azureus, but with a turquoise head and bright white blaze from the snout to the tip of the dorsal fin.

5 Melanochromis baliodigma Masinje - I don't find these to be nearly as aggressive as most Melanochromis, and they have a very unique coloration among mbuna.

5 Mbipia cf. lutea Yala Swamp "Cross-bar" - this is a tough victorian type that does very well with mbuna, and the red and green coloration stands out from the typical blue and yellow of mbuna.

1 Baryancistrus beggini L239 "Blue Panaque" - a pretty, dark blue pleco that does a good job eating algae.

1 Hypancistrus debilittera L129 "Colombian Zebra Pleco" - unfortunately, these also lose a ton of color when they're bagged. Look them up before judging this guy based on the coloration you see in the bag!

1 Panaque cf. nigrolineatus L027a/L330 "Watermelon Pleco" - this is a wood eater. If you don't have wood in the diet, they won't survive long.

1 Brachysynodontis batensoda "Giant Upside Down Syno" - although at this size they don't look that impressive, as they mature, they become a dark chocolate brown to slate gray color. They prefer to swim upside down most of the time, and can grow to over 8 inches.

1 Synodontis flavitaeniatus - a pretty little Syno that grows to about 5-6". They're orange with dark brown horizontal stripes.

1 Synodontis pleurops - sometimes called the hammerhead Syno, these have large bug eyes set very far apart. There's no other Syno quite like them!

3 Microsynodontis sp. "Bumblebee" - these grow no larger than 1.5-2" as adults. They're a dark brown color with thin, vertical yellow stripes.

Have fun at the meeting! Anton is a very entertaining speaker. Make sure you don't miss this one! All that keeps me from being there myself is about 1600 miles.