• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Dan Woodland

Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice welcome messages. My apologies for not replying sooner sometimes it hard to step off the rat race wheel :rolleyes: .

I had a great weekend last week including meeting some of you local members and seeing some fish rooms. I appreciate the great hospitality Pat and Tracy Kelly showed me making me feel right at home.

I hope you enjoyed the talk and my fish room set up gave you ideas how to solve your own fish room projects. I always like to see others fish rooms to see how it's put together and if I can incorporate anything I've seen into my next generation fish room.

Thanks again for the invitation to present my talk to your group.

Dan

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Dan, the talk was great and we enjoyed your company.
Gave me some ideas. (don't tell Tracey)...lol

What you have to do is mention them in passing then wait a few weeks, suddenly it will be her idea!

A question for the fish heads out there...

Does anyone know what this is?
[attachment=357:red_pacu_young2001.jpg]

[attachment=358:red_pacu3001.jpg]

Is the smaller one a baby of the larger one?

P.S. I apologize for the bad pictures, the glass/Plexiglas was particularly dirty and my remote flash unit was malfunctioning so I had to have the flash attached directly to the top of my Camera (No I don't have an off-shoe cord that works properly but I will shortly as a back up).

mscichlid

Founder
What ideas do you have for my fishroom...besides start over?

Pictures: Some kind of disk charicin as those across the pond call it.

Guessing Metynnis lippincottianus and Metynnis mola?

maddog10

Members
Closest I could come for the second photo was -

Myleus schomburgkii

based solely on body markings.

Don't you just hate it when the aquarium doesn't post the names of the fish they have in their tanks. :smashfreakB:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Apr 21 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What ideas do you have for my fishroom...besides start over?[/b]

My first thoughts are questions:
1. What are you trying to accomplish?
2. Do you have a problem you are trying to overcome?

In my opinion staring over is the best thing you can do (if at all possible), I tried building a fish room around tanks twice and it just does not work well.

Dan

mscichlid

Founder
I definantly want to get bigger tanks for the bottom shelf. But alas, I did build the rack for the tanks I had on hand.