• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WC Simochromis Babaulti 'Bangwe'

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I recently acquired a wild caught group of these fish. I ordered 6 from cichlidsandherps (thanks Alison) and picked up 4 more from an ECC member who had a group from cichlidsandherps also. These are my first group of wild caught fish. I had been looking for them for a few months after researching compatible tropheus tankmates. I was interested in petros, but working with a 4' tank made petros not the best choice. Some of the simochromis can get fairly large also, but this species maxes out at around 4.5". My group ranges between 3 and 4 inches. After talking to Sarah, just because they stay small doesn't mean they aren't extremely mean, so I still have to keep an eye on them. So far they chase each other, but don't bother the other tankmates yet. They are natural algae grazers, but are eating NLS and Ken's flake readily also. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I've included a stock photo for reference.

simobabaulti.jpg