• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Want one more species for my 110

lt dan

Members
As of now, my tank has
Pseudotropheus elegans acai
Cynotilapia hara
Labidochromis hongi Sweden
I'm not sure what last fish to get for this tank, was thinking metriclima msobo, but not sure if they'd pick on all the other fish.

Sent from my C5215 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Not to derail, but I wouldn't recommend the msobo, you'd have several different males with vertical barring. It could work, but you'd have to be very vigilant to avoid hybridization. I'd recommend rusties, polit, maybe Williamsi or something non blue-barred. A melanochromis would work too, they have horizontal stripes.

Dave's usually has any or all of these, and I highly recommend any of his stock.

daninmd

Members
Not to derail, but I wouldn't recommend the msobo, you'd have several different males with vertical barring. It could work, but you'd have to be very vigilant to avoid hybridization. I'd recommend rusties, polit, maybe Williamsi or something non blue-barred. A melanochromis would work too, they have horizontal stripes.

Dave's usually has any or all of these, and I highly recommend any of his stock.
+1.

what are the dimensions of your tank? is it 4 foot long, or 6?

Some maingano would be really nice in there, or some of the more aggressive types if its 6'

verbal

CCA Members
If you want to add another fish a non-cichlid would like be the best option. Synos are always a good addition to a cichlid tank. Also "dither fish" like good sized barbs can be a good option also.

lt dan

Members
If you want to add another fish a non-cichlid would like be the best option. Synos are always a good addition to a cichlid tank. Also "dither fish" like good sized barbs can be a good option also.

Yeah, I have a super red bristlenose , want to get a couple more, was thinking of some syno lucipinnis too

olzkool

Members
Nice. I have about 14 of them from real good European stock. Parents are rediculous. When yours grow up we should trade some with each other to mix up the blood line

lt dan

Members
Nice. I have about 14 of them from real good European stock. Parents are rediculous. When yours grow up we should trade some with each other to mix up the blood line

sounds good to me :thumbup:

lt dan

Members
Here's a pic of a parent of the hongi's I got yesterday