• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wally's Aquarium Closeout Sale

bertolli

Members
Hey all,
I decided to visit Wallys today cuz i was looking for advice on building a sump. The guys there know their stuff and are all friendly. Turns out they are closing down and are having 30% off on just about everything. Picked up a nice dual overflowbox for 80$. some nice peacocks almost full grown for ~12 bucks each and a buncha bio balls for 5$ a bag. Sad to see this store close down apparently its been there for a while, I've only been in the hobby for about 9 months.
It's on Little river turnpike between alexandria and annandale by the home depot, if your in the area check it out; most of the killer good deals are gone already but all the stock is 30% off.

bertolli

Members
According to the guys working there it is possible that another of the LFS may take it over, perhaps super pets? The location is good and apparently they are pulling supplies from other local stores in order to try and sell more products and see if the clientele is still there. They have more dry goods than usual... they had items like an aquaclear110 for 120$ and with the 30% off that equals standard price which leads me to believe this is the case. According to the guys working there they will most likely be closed by the end of the month but there is a possibility that a new store could come into the works if someone decides to invest in it. From what I heard the current owner wasn't really putting enough money into the place which is why the generally didn't have much in stock.
P.S. Some of the fish aren't looking the greatest so I recommend being prepared with a quarantine tank if you plan on purchasing fish.

F8LBITE

Members
That's sad. I worked there for a few years and that's what got me into fish. It used to be family owned and it was bought out by a fly-by-nighter. :(