• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Volunteers Needed for BFD - Please Sign Up

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
So I’m still feeling a bit run down, but better. I think another day or two of rest is in order. If people can work the desk Friday night, I should be good to go for Saturday. I probably won’t be able to work Sunday now that I’ve been laid up and unable to get some of my work done.

lisa walker

CCA Members
Hi Everyone! I've got to say that I'm always impressed by how much help we get during the event. So THANK YOU in advance for the help this year. I've had several people come up and offer to help already, so I figured I'd better get this post going.

Aquarium Beautiful Setup and Tear Down - This involves helping people wrangle hoses, find what they need, get to the correct spot to set up their tank, and just make sure in general that everyone is where they need to be. It also involves labeling the tanks and making last-minute updates to the list of tanks so that we know who is there and what they brought. On Sunday it would entail helping people find hoses and cans to drain their tanks.

Friday Starting at 3:00 PM (one or two people)

Sunday Starting at about 3:00 PM (one or two people)

Registration Desk - Lots of you have helped with this in the past. It involves handing out materials to people that have pre-registered, and getting walk-ups registered. Selling Raffle Tickets, handing out t-shirts, answering questions (often over and over and over).

Friday (2 people each time slot)
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Saturday (2 people each time slot)
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Sunday (2 people each time slot)
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

If you can't make these times exactly, that's fine too. We're really flexible, just make a note on here about when you are going to be available.

We will also need some volunteers for bagging fish before the auction as well as auction runners, auction cashier helpers, etc. Keep an eye out for those jobs or check in at the event to see if help is needed in those areas.

I can help in setting up on Sunday if anyone needs help. I'm available if needed for other things as well.

JasonC

Members
My daughter and I should be there starting Saturday afternoon and will be happy to help where we can. I may be able to drop by on Friday too to help with set-up. Please just let me know what you need!

zendog

So I’m still feeling a bit run down, but better. I think another day or two of rest is in order. If people can work the desk Friday night, I should be good to go for Saturday. I probably won’t be able to work Sunday now that I’ve been laid up and unable to get some of my work done.
I wasn't sure of my schedule, but should be there tomorrow night, so if you can't make it my daughter and I will make sure it is covered. Take care of yourself and we hope you feel better soon.

MarkK

CCA Members
I can do Friday registration if Cory is out. I am coming at 3:00 to help with Aquarium beautiful.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
When you get to the ballroom level, you should be able to easily see the registration desk. Just walk up and talk to one of the staff, let them know you're there to help, and they'll get you situated. Can't guarantee who will be there, as the senior staff is sometimes busy running around with last minute prep details. Should be easy enough to figure out though.

Becca

Members
If anyone localish wants to swing by and pick up the donations so someone can start deciding what to do with them, that'd be AWESOME.

I thought I was going to have my dad here at around noon to help me load up the tank, but it turns out he's still 2 hours away. If I leave with the donations now, I risk not being here when my parents arrive :-/.

I'm in Damascus, MD near the intersection of 27 and Oak.