• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Vibration from a fish?

Klown

Members
So I bought a catfish for my daughters 10 gallon tank. I forget the name but it vibrates when touched or being netted. After putting him in the tank her 2 barbs and 1 angle died (not all at once). Her rubber lipped pleco and another fish are still alive and well. My question is, what fish is this, why does it vibrate and is the vibration what killed the other fish? They didnt have any bite marks or anything on them.

Right now he is the sole fish in my 75 gal to get it running before the red devil is introduced.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1337554373.118620.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
If the pim makes it through "cycling" of the tank, as Matt suggested the devil will likely kill the pim cat. On the other hand, the possibility remains that the cat will become lodged in the devils mouth and the two will suffer an untimely demise.

Sent from my DROIDX

dogofwar

CCA Members
Pimelodella cats (what that guy is) are predatory (especially at night). It was it's mouth and not the vibration that likely got the barbs and (little) angelfish...

Matt