• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Update on 37gallon

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Hi all,

After 4 months all is pretty quiet on the home front. My four male fish (2 Mbamba and 2 Kenyi) are still living well together. I have had to battle some periods of brown diatoms, but nothing major. I am trying to do better with the weekly water changes. I also added a nano Hydor powerhead for added circulation.

With such a small tank are there any other inhabitants that could be added besides fish?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Gonna be tight in there as-is. I'm surprised your fish aren't beating on each other already. Not sure about the Mbamba (other than that they are a mid-aggression Labidochromis), but kenyi are known for being meaner than snot when mature.

Any chance you'd be willing to swap some fish out for some less aggressive mbuna? Thoughts on ditching the kenyi and getting some female Mbamba?

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Gonna be tight in there as-is. I'm surprised your fish aren't beating on each other already. Not sure about the Mbamba (other than that they are a mid-aggression Labidochromis), but kenyi are known for being meaner than snot when mature.

Any chance you'd be willing to swap some fish out for some less aggressive mbuna? Thoughts on ditching the kenyi and getting some female Mbamba?

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't have any problems out of these fish. I hope that the label on the fish tank was correct when I bought them. I have not seen any level of aggression out of these fish. I mean once in a while there might be a chase, but that it.