• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Update. Nics first spawn

MonteSS

Members
These first time parents are doing a wonderful job protecting the fry. Dad is much more active on guard duty.

They have not really eaten in a couple weeks and are skinny, especially the female.

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq257/zz430t56/?action=view&current=MVI_7423. mp4

...Bill

75g SA- Apistos Cacs,Inka 50,Bitaeniata,Cristal,Scalare Angels,Keyholes

46g SA- Australoheros Oblongum,Apisto Kelleri pr

26g-Apisto Hongsloi Rostrich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looking good Bill. Did you pull the rest of the fish from the tank? Looks like the nics have taken over a lot of real estate.

MonteSS

Members
No. The others are still in there. I am letting nature take its course. Maybe they will learn from it. They have about 1/3-1/2 the tank. They get easily distracted (especially the male) and fry do get picked off here and there.

...Bill

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
NICE!.....BILL I SUBSCRIBE TO THE SAME THEORY TILL THEY GET IT RIGHT. I LEARNRD MY LESSON ON MY JAGS LAST SPAWN 1000+ EASY.....MOM AND DAD COULDNT CONTROL THE SWARM IN THE 225G AND BABIES WERE EVERYWHERE BECOMING SNACKS ON FINS. I DECIDED THAT NEXT TIME ILL GIVE THEM A WEEK THEN ILL TRANSFER BABIES TO ANOTHER TANK. IT WAS WEIRD B/C IT WAS LIKE BOTH PARENTS HAD A LOOK LIKE THESE ARE JUST TOOOOO MANY KIDS LOL! THEY WERE CONSTANTLY FIGHTING OFF FISH. MY FEMALE GRAMMODE SAID TO HECK WITH IT AND JUST DID HIT AND RUN MISSIONS LOOSING A SCALE OR TWO HERE AND THERE. GUESS SHE FELT THEY WERE WORTH IT LOL.

MonteSS

Members
Saturday eve. About 2+ weeks old I think. Still amazed how good a job these first timers are doing. I think they are learning alot and really working together and bonding.

I dont like how the other fish are cramped and stressed out. Some frayed fins are apearing but no real damage. The relatively peaceful Mixteco is really challenging everyone. Notice the aggressive vertical bars that she never shows. She goes head to head with the male Nic constantly.

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq257/zz430t56/?action=view&current=MVI_7466.mp4

Sorry if I'm boring you with this :)

...Bill